Lug nut options for toyota alloy wheels

Voxtrace

I just got my '01 celica gt wheels painted
does anyone knows if i can get lug nuts for this wheel in anything but crome?
I talked to a toyota dealership and they told me that all toyota alloy wheels use the same shoulder lug nut with the washer.
I was also speaking to "tire rack" they said they do sell non-crome lug nuts, but they don't sell shoulded lug nuts grrrr... Thanks for any help

A

Anonymous

I painted just the head of the lug nut to match the wheels on my Camaro, and they have lasted 18+ years now. The shape of the head of the lug nut made it easy, but you could still do the Toyota lug nuts.

BraveUlysses

You can also buy adonized aluminum "tuner lugs" which are 4 or 5 bucks a piece for some brands. They look great but I certainly cannot justify the extra cost.

Voxtrace

Tuner Nuts huh... I can't find any that work, do you know of any particular brands?
If not i guess i shall just rattle can them.

daveryan

^^^^^

I have these too - black, same price from ebay. They are 60º cone-shaped though, not the shouldered stock type with washers. They work great on the Team Dynamics rims.

Voxtrace

yeah ok i've seen the kyokugens but I didn't know if they would work on the stock celica gt wheel cuz thoes are the shoulderd type.
kyokugen.jpg

would these work? no right thats whats you just said, right Dave.

daveryan

If your stock GT rims require shoulder type, then you should prob stick with those. The stock AllTrac rims also require shoulder type. Those shoulders are what help center the wheel, and while the aftermarket tuner lugs might work, I wouldn't chance it - anyone else ever try it?

Also, my Kyokugens are closed end - both are available.

RedCelicaTRD

Toyota makes a blackish brown sholder nut. P/N 90942-01077 list cost is $5.63 each. I have no idea if the will fit on our cars...

Hooligan

daveryan":3b770wyw said:
If your stock GT rims require shoulder type, then you should prob stick with those. The stock AllTrac rims also require shoulder type. Those shoulders are what help center the wheel, and while the aftermarket tuner lugs might work, I wouldn't chance it - anyone else ever try it?

Also, my Kyokugens are closed end - both are available.

Good to hear, I had only ever seen open ended ones firsthand.

Also, I have 7th gen GTS wheels. :)
They still need the shouldered lugs, however.

Voxtrace

YAAAY :D I bought the toyota lug nuts in black that came on the 95ish tundra and 4runners i'm the happiest person you know today!!!! Took the wheels back to the shop to get touched up, should have them back next week i'll post pix. Thanks Wayne

___Scott___

Here is an pic of the painted lug nuts on my Camaro.
PaintedLugNuts.JPG

Notice that only the top of the lug nut is painted. That's enough since very little of the rest of the lug nut is visible anyway.

Here is what they look like on the car:
69CamaroSCCAautoX.JPG