Carlos Sainz???

91gt4-Newbie

I am new to the gt4. I wanted one for a long time and finally got one :D . I see everyone on here saying they would rather have the cs look. I have ran tons of searches trying to find out what it looks like and all I find is people talking about how much they like it. :shrug: Can someone please help me???[/

RIalltrac

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

car on the right in all of the pictures on the first page represents what the rc model looks like, most refer to it as the cs or rc model. cs refers to carlos sainz (there were a few models made with better specs that had collector badges on them refering to sainz) otherwise the rc model is basically the jspec gt4 with the water to air intercooler, different hood to accomodate the IC & a different bumper cover.

RIalltrac

I want to say its for a snorkle that cools something in the valve cover area, I believe the cam gears/timing area? I could be wrong though, regardless its for something of that nature.

dluke

RIalltrac":1bqqxhua said:
I want to say its for a snorkle that cools something in the valve cover area, I believe the cam gears/timing area? I could be wrong though, regardless its for something of that nature.

Someone posted once that it was for increased cooling of the timing/cam belt because TTE had problems with them melting.

I don't know if it's true or not, though :)

d1alltrac

dluke":15m1g1nc said:
RIalltrac":15m1g1nc said:

Someone posted once that it was for increased cooling of the timing/cam belt because TTE had problems with them melting.

im pretty sure that is the reason....ive heard the exact same thing from lots of different people.

beej

d1alltrac":1h197vov said:
dluke":1h197vov said:
RIalltrac":1h197vov said:

im pretty sure that is the reason....ive heard the exact same thing from lots of different people.

it goes directly into the timing belt cover......yes ur right its there coz the rally cars had issue with them melting ;)

jprine01

RIalltrac":1lnwuof5 said:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7402&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

car on the right in all of the pictures on the first page represents what the rc model looks like, most refer to it as the cs or rc model. cs refers to carlos sainz (there were a few models made with better specs that had collector badges on them refering to sainz) otherwise the rc model is basically the jspec gt4 with the water to air intercooler, different hood to accomodate the IC & a different bumper cover.

The car in that pic has US mirrors, the RC/CS has way different mirrors too. Also all JDM are not RC/CS, japan has normal st185's too, and a narrow body version.. (front/rear fenders arnt so wide)

Jon-