Removing LH Front Fender.

SowndWave

So im removing the LH front fender due to repair some damages upon it. Removal is straight foreward and all bolts are off except for ONE bolt that appears to be encased from almost every concievable angle. It's relative location is behind the LH headlight... Basically i'm wondering if anybody has any tricks to getting this out, or if there is some obvious way to getting it that i am not seeing... Thanks.

***edit Sept 10*** SUCCESS!.... so hard to see that one bolt... now to fix the fender damage... thanks.

/THREAD.

yamayuki98

you need a 1/4in drive ratched and a 6in extension with a 10mm socket...you just have to kind of fiddle with it..i'm just hoping that the damage didn't block the path..when i did mine, it was pretty straight forward...

SowndWave

well i thought it should be fairly straight foreward too, but i seem to be missing something... i cant seem to get my 1/4" drive 6" extension(2) with a swivel and shallow 10mm socket onto the damn bolt. it seems to be covered by other brackets? too dark to work on it now, ill check again tomorrow during daylight... but i shouldnt have to remove the front bumper or headlight assembly correct? nothing but the fender? ( i dont know why the fuck it would have to... but stranger things have happened...)

THANKS!

yamayuki98

front bumper has to come off..there is another bolt holding the fender that you don't see, its covered by the bumper...once removed you'll see what i mean...

SowndWave

The last hidden bolt i could get before i got off... (if you check my edit on my first post i got the fender off)

needed a 1/4" drive 10" extension with a swivel joint and a 10mm shallow socket... there's just enough room to see and get at the bolt... i thought the bumper might have to come off too, but i figured that was ridiculous. and was! It would be a lot easier to take off the bumper, but i really dont want to make any more for myself... (btw its gonna be a bitch to get that bolt back in...)

on that note anybody have any body repair tips? i have a lot of hammering and reshaping to engage in.... :cry:

yamayuki98

glad to hear you got it off, here's a tip for body work, make sure you don't create ou-dies, refer to as high spots..best to just hit it enough to bondo the fender...try not to lay thick bondo..the hammering should bring the fender to a point where the bondo should be skim on and not lay on like cake frosting...and please don't let the bondo harden or you'll end up sanding all day long...when it starts to bond together, you should take the advantage and hit the unecessary bondo off with 40 grit...sludge's...and then use 80grit to shape it..once knocked down and shape...use 180 to clean it....and then it should be ready for primering...