Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

Griffin

MARLON1211":25zczjuq said:
comparing to your metal CS one is it a total exact replica. And whats the weight compared to the OEM one is the weight cut in half.

yeah less than half weight - its 18 compared to 41 pounds.

And its an exact repllica from the top. The bottom is different, but not in a bad way, just less stringers to add weight.

Ali_Trac

It wasn't Smaay we waited on it was fiber images. I ordered it the end of July and just got it two weeks ago. But man is it sweet.... :D

turbo4wd

Ali_Trac":3ohg9cp8 said:
It wasn't Smaay we waited on it was fiber images.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who realizes this.

Speaking of which, I need to get a hold of him about my hood.. I shouldve gotten the 3rd one, but held off until now since I wasn't desperate to have it asap like some of the other guys..

But now I'm ready.. :D

CMS-GT4

I am think people might want to look into the nozzles that are built into wiper blades.

I thought about getting a set from the Z for the Celica.

Griffin

snowbird":226zgmq2 said:
Hey Griffin,

Have you drilled your hood for washer nozzels yet?

Matt

Nope, nor am I going to. My washer fluid bottle is currently the resevoir for my water injection.

Traks

Fiber Images still making these hoods? I heard rumors they said they wouldn't make anymore... just curious.

Whyte185

is there anyway for you guys to fill the holes that show into the engine bay or are you stuck showing off the guts

snowbird

Whyte185":1xjfz330 said:
is there anyway for you guys to fill the holes that show into the engine bay or are you stuck showing off the guts

If by "holes" you mean "vents" then no. They are there to let hot air out.

I grew up in "buttsford". Many, many moons ago...

Matt

toayoztan

Whyte185":2bxlhye7 said:

A dark painted/black mesh grill should help "hide" a lot of it unless one looks directly into it.

By hide, you mean exposed to stuff flying into it (rain, rocks, etc) or in terms of Eye Candy?

Bryan

CSAlltrac

They dont have the hood wing i like that wing alot sucks that they dont come with them but they still lokk great :D

alltracst185

seibon makes them in the all trac style and cs. u can buy them on ebay for around 700 shipped. thats were i got mine from.

Attachments

• my whip.jpg
    my whip.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 70

camry90

alltracst185":1md7gagv said:
seibon makes them in the all trac style and cs. u can buy them on ebay for around 700 shipped. thats were i got mine from.
ok great, i just found that out too. lol but how's the quality, how's the fit? is it 100% carbonfiber or is it fiberglass wrapped in carbon fiber?

syko says

seibon is ehhhh. everything is out of proportion and not correct. there is a thread about it (for the CS versions anyway) with pictures of the two side by side. as for the stock 185 hoods, you can just tell that its not made to proportion..

*EDIT*

sorry, it was not a comparison of the FI CS hood and Seibon CS hood.. but heres a comparison by pics.

FI carbon CS hood

CF%20angle%201.JPG

Seibon carbon hood

736931622_l.jpg

Real CS hood

metal%20angle%202.JPG

and some more

side%20by%20side.JPG

Seibon stock AT hood

DSC_1669.jpg

Stock AT hood

DSC_1671.jpg

-thanks for Griffin, Ted (Denver_whitest185) and Myspace for the portraitures

SuperWhite92

Evan covered it all. Seibon hoods just don't look right. It's like they designed the hoods by looking at a picture.

As far as the fiberimages hoods, there most likely won't be anymore. If you do some searching for Smaay's hood, you can read the whole story about how they made 3 or so, decided they were too much trouble, and required a helluva lot of convincing just to finish the initial purchase. The rest of the hoods took FOREVER to get to the purchasers, because of the fact that the employee of fiberimages was building them after hours on his own to finish his commitment.

Sifu

I still shoot myself in the leg when I think about how I missed the FI carbon CS hood buy... :cry: