Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

Visual Styling, Spoilers, and rims

Postby turbo4wd » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:08 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:I tried emailing Fiber Images a few weeks ago and didn't get a response. Maybe if enough people email them they will talk to one of us. sales@fiberimages.com


You'll get quicker results if you call them direct:

Phone: 661-274-9500

or

Phone: 661-274-1195

And as for a GB thru FI, they make batches of 10, and require half the cost up front for all 10. - the other half due at completion. Which means if you have $3k+ up front, then you're good to go. The only thing you need after that is time.. and depending on who you talk to (or who you believe) they may be quick, or very very slow..
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby turbo4wd » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:13 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:The pic on the ebay link is the same one thats in the for sale section in gt4oc. Not sure if its the same seller though. I think he only had one.

Depending on shipping cost, which I expect to be high, this might be an ok priced product. I would like to see it cost in the 500 or less range total.


Well that ebay link, the total cost for hood and shipping to the US will run in the neighborhood of $8-900 US Dollars..
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby Toxygene » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:03 am

turbo4wd wrote:
CMS-GT4 wrote:The pic on the ebay link is the same one thats in the for sale section in gt4oc. Not sure if its the same seller though. I think he only had one.

Depending on shipping cost, which I expect to be high, this might be an ok priced product. I would like to see it cost in the 500 or less range total.


Well that ebay link, the total cost for hood and shipping to the US will run in the neighborhood of $8-900 US Dollars..


Wasn't that roughly the price of the Carbon Fiber hood?

If we could convince FI to do another batch then I would suggest we drum up some interested parties first from both the Non Turbo Celica people and of course all of us to get as many interested people together. I would also still be interested in a Carbon fiber Hatch. So maybe People start saving now!
Image
User avatar
Toxygene
Established Member
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby turbo4wd » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Toxygene wrote:Wasn't that roughly the price of the Carbon Fiber hood?

If we could convince FI to do another batch then I would suggest we drum up some interested parties first from both the Non Turbo Celica people and of course all of us to get as many interested people together. I would also still be interested in a Carbon fiber Hatch. So maybe People start saving now!


Nope, the original cost was $600 + any options you may have wanted like holes for the washer nozzles and mounting holes for the stock grille and spoiler.

When I called them last time and asked for the price on 1, they quoted me somewhere in the neighborhood of $700+, but said they could work with anyone on pricing if they decided to order in bulk..
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:20 pm

So I guess the real question is, will FI still make hoods?

If they won't, I wonder if they will give up the mold. Smay paid to have the mold made, does he have rights to it?
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
User avatar
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member
 
Posts: 10336
Images: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:12 pm
Location: St Louis Area (IL)

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby turbo4wd » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:20 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:So I guess the real question is, will FI still make hoods?

If they won't, I wonder if they will give up the mold. Smay paid to have the mold made, does he have rights to it?


I'm pretty sure Jeff doesnt have any "rights" to the mold itself. I'm also pretty sure that FI will be willing to make more hoods, after all - a mold is better off being used to make them some money, rather than collecting dust in the back of the warehouse.

So I don't think motivation is a problem on their part, the only problem I see is everything else - pricing, logistics, lead time, etc.. This is all stuff a business like theirs should already have figured out, but who knows..
Dan
Undercover Moderator
User avatar
turbo4wd
Established Member
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 am
Location: back home in SoCal..

Postby Traks » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:16 pm

Has anyone contacted FI about production of more hoods? I thought they weren't making them because they were too much of a PITA.
Topher.
1991 Aquamarine Alltrac ST185
Seattle, WA
User avatar
Traks
Club Member
 
Posts: 240
Images: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:13 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby SuperWhite92 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:29 pm

I suspect if anyone is able to get fiber images to build these hoods again, the price will be quite a bit higher than it was before, and the lead time longer. Those of you who can't wait 6 months for a part might want to duck out now.
Shaun
Image
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
User avatar
SuperWhite92
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:29 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Postby b00staholic » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm willing to wait 6 months for the hood if price is about the same as it was before.

The longer the leadtime = the less of a deposit I'm willing to make.
Vincent
'90 ST185
b00staholic
Club Member
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: nor*cal

Postby Toxygene » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:34 am

There is a saying:

Price

Quality

Time

Pick any two!

I'd be willing to wait for a hood that looked as good as the finished product I saw but Ditto for the price break.

Again, I'm sure that that also has a lot to do with how many people we group together. So I say we should definitely look at talking to Non-turbo Celica people as well and seeing if we can get some to go in on this hood as well.
Image
User avatar
Toxygene
Established Member
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby Traks » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Toxygene wrote:Again, I'm sure that that also has a lot to do with how many people we group together.


+1
Topher.
1991 Aquamarine Alltrac ST185
Seattle, WA
User avatar
Traks
Club Member
 
Posts: 240
Images: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:13 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby Toxygene » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:45 am

OK, just checking but hasn anyone else tried to contact FI? I might give it a go just to see if I'm the lucky one to pull a person.

Also, I know you must think I'm harping on this, but has anyone mentioned this on the regular Celica boards? Gotta drum up interest to make it happen for us.
Image
User avatar
Toxygene
Established Member
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby tjdouble07 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:38 pm

Toxygene wrote:OK, just checking but hasn anyone else tried to contact FI? I might give it a go just to see if I'm the lucky one to pull a person.

Also, I know you must think I'm harping on this, but has anyone mentioned this on the regular Celica boards? Gotta drum up interest to make it happen for us.


I gave Fiber Images a call today and they said they do still make the CS/RC hood, and it would be $725 for the hood, plus about $180 for shipping, and they only have about a two week lead time on one.

I might just have to save up for one of these bad boys...
User avatar
tjdouble07
Club Member
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:22 am
Location: Hooper, UT

Postby theUNYTEDone » Thu May 03, 2007 9:43 pm

i guess they didnt recognize your number on caller ID like they do smaay. :lol:

but i would indeed like to save for one...since you were able to get the phone call through, would you be so kind as to inquire about CF headlight covers?
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
User avatar
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:56 pm
Location: Kamo'ili'ili Town

Postby Meurz » Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 pm

Interesting! :smokes:
Turbocelica.nl
User avatar
Meurz
Established Member
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: NLD

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest