Recovered: MK2 Supra in Portland

HPFjeff

I just went out to find my car gone this morning. It's a black 1985
There was no glass on the ground, and the ground was wet so it was stolen late last night or in the early AM hours (the rest of the parking spots had dry centers from car's blocking the rain).

XoDuzZ

damn. I'm really sorry to hear this man. even tho i don't live in portland, i'll still keep my eyes open.

HPFjeff

I've got to be the luckiest SOB alive. The car was recovered a few miles away. No external signs of forced entry although the steering lock is broken now. The fuel was right at "E" when I parked it, and my theif was kind enough to leave the car with 1/4 tank. He did help himself to adjust the mirrors and perform the customary ghetto recline of the driver's seat, and he must have bought a 5th Avenue candy bar as there was a wrapper on the passenger seat. The books and helmet I had in the car were still there (although moved to the rear seat so he must have picked up a buddy). Even the Shoe-polish numbers were still on the window and so far everything looks ok (there was a flake of paint missing from the front lip so I suspect he got too close to a parking curb and flexed the bumper). All in all I'm very happy and would like to thank everyone who kept an eye out for it.

SuperWhite92

Glad to hear it. A friend of mine just got his 01 integra GSR stolen out of his driveway at around 8pm a few weeks ago.

Turns out the dumbass who stole it took it about 1.5hrs away and stripped the hell out of it, motor, brakes, all suspension pieces, including his teins and all the control arms, his wheels, and his exhaust, as well as his leather interior.

The thief then proceeded to shove donuts into the wheel wells and call a tow truck to come pick up the car from his house to take it to a scrapyard. It gets to the scrapyard VIN-free, and the owners are immediatly suspicious. They called him, and sure enough, it was his car, except with a 96 bumper and nothing else. A bare shell.

Turns out the guy who called the towing company has a '96 integra LS with a '01 front end, teins, a black leather interior, a GSR motor, and a Greddy Exhaust. Weird...

Pretty much got owned, and the situation is in the process of clearing up now. However, he still has no car to drive.

HPFjeff

Whew, that sucks (although at least they caught that guy). I'm sooo glad that its only a minor repair for me (ignition lock and re-keying the external locks)

jotarokun

HPFjeff":3evdsm8g said:
Whew, that sucks (although at least they caught that guy). I'm sooo glad that its only a minor repair for me (ignition lock and re-keying the external locks)

Might I suggest Solex locks for the exterior? I hear they're selling fairly cheap on Club4AG.