ST185 out of the shop

deepsky

My 92 is finally done at the body shop for now. It looks like a car finally! I need to install the bumper, the hood is black and the fenders green, but it looks a lot better than when she came wrecked. I may drive it this winter, then in the spring, I'm going to install the CS WTA IC that I bought from Maxaud (thanks), strip the interior, put in sound deadening, install a alarm/turbotimer, install a carputer and redo the stereo, paint all the door jambs, and prep for paint. I just scored the stainless door sills, and have rear vented tails, clear corners and clear park lamps that will be "extra" beyond mostly stock appearance. Then it will be painted by someone qualified Medium Blue Pearl all over. The engine had quite a bit of work done shortly before the wreck, and the interior is in excellent condition. In theory I should have a functionally nearly new ST185 next year. I'll post pictures later, but was excited to share.

maxaud

wow, nice to hear. Can't wait to see it on the road so we can meet up. Sorry I stay'd for such a short time while I was there. We were late for the Drifting event. I had to soeed to get there so I wouldn't miss it which didn't help because next thing I knew a cop was writing my girlfriend a speeding ticket until she pointed out that the steering wheel was on my side. I was hoping that she'd take the fall. :| j/k

maxaud

what's the progress Dan. I'm interested to see the car. I was down at the Yota dealership on Sprague in Spokane and they were talking about you there. I'm guessing it was you. They were talking about a guy that was repairing a st185 that had been in a front end collision.

Toydept

I'd be curious too. Dan picked up a few parts from me a while back, intercooler, headlights, bumper. AFM.

Hope its going well.