custom exhaust shop in the NW

XoDuzZ

any of you know a good place that does custom piping (by they way do all of you still have your cat's?) for a reasonable price?

if so post em up here.

AWDios

NO cats.

If you want 3" don't expect to get anything but aussie. Unless you don't mind going under there rear axle. In which case I'd sell you that part off mine when I buy the Aussie section.

BraveUlysses

The only shop that does 3" mandrel bend exhaust in the area is Stan's Headers in Auburn.

I'm certain that if you did have them do a custom over-axle exhaust for you, that it would not have anywhere near the fit&finish the Aussie system does.

Aussie is expensive but worth it.

AWDios

That's the section that goes from the primary cat and would have a race cat on it, or no cat at all.

The Aussie works like this: DP, eliminates 1st cat, midpipe, 1st cat through 2nd cat, and the third section is a 2nd cat back piece.

I went to a shop to have a full 3" done. They said theycouldn't do a down pipe and they just used mandrel bends they purchased and welded into the system. They also said they couldn't fit a 3" piece over the rear axle, so they went under.

In the 5 years I've been part of this comunity, the only place I've seen anyone get a full 3" mandrel bent custom system is Australia. It was only after a few years of us Americans whining the Aussie stepped up and made a mass produced system, and they're the only one's who have done it.

makarov

If by some chance you find yourself in Wenatchee, Greatland Exhaust does incredible work, and they are cheap. I haven't checked if they do 3", but I'll bet they do with the number of big trucks around here (diesels have huge exhaust systems). Pay cash for a discount. They are on the south end of Wenatchee Ave.

PreGrid

My good friend (racing buddy) Casey owns Punk's Muffler here in Vancouver and did THIS for me...

celicatail2.jpg

I asked for a straight pipe but I had NO idea!!! LOL

Anyway, it's serviced by the Aus 3 in downpipe, 2.5 inch all the way back, the resonator and NO CATS.

I noticed CONSIDERABLE power increase and the sound... Well, goes like this...

www.rcrally.com/gallery/sillydrift.avi

I HIGHLY recommend Punk's... most folks in Vancovuer and Portland DO. He did my F355 project car, my road race cars, my Super Charged Durango, my Lotus Esprit Turbo and my All Trac.

Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Scott
-------