New 165 owner in the PacNW

Pacific Northwest Areas

Postby chkpnt » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:49 am

Right now I just want the car to run, which is turning into way more of a headache than I previously thought.

Hahahaha... You are a new Alltrac owner... Mine has been parked since last September but should be on the road soon. It's only been a whole year. The most important tool you can have is patience with these cars. They can be a real P.I.T.A. to work on and are usually fussy when they aren't broken. Oh, and they are an electrical nightmare. Let me know if you need some help... I've ripped mine apart. Twice.

I'd love to take a look at what you're working on one of these days. When you say shop, do you have a business? Were those pictures taken at the Arlington airport? I might be coming down to the Pull-A-Part in the next month or so...
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1989 Toyota AW11 * 1988 Toyota AE95 All Trac * 1993 Saturn SL2 * http://www.RaceWearClothing.com
chkpnt
Club Member

Postby Status Sean » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:59 am

chkpnt wrote:
Right now I just want the car to run, which is turning into way more of a headache than I previously thought.

Hahahaha... You are a new Alltrac owner... Mine has been parked since last September but should be on the road soon. It's only been a whole year. The most important tool you can have is patience with these cars. They can be a real P.I.T.A. to work on and are usually fussy when they aren't broken. Oh, and they are an electrical nightmare. Let me know if you need some help... I've ripped mine apart. Twice.

I'd love to take a look at what you're working on one of these days. When you say shop, do you have a business? Were those pictures taken at the Arlington airport? I might be coming down to the Pull-A-Part in the next month or so...

LOL.............yeah this car is a huge pain in the ass to work on.

::Update::

I got a motor in the car last night/tonite, I am dead set on driving this thing before the weekend, this car would be impossible to work on without a lift:

(ignore the way the turbo is mounted, too tired to fix it)

Yes I work with the guys at JMI Motoring in Arlington, here's some of the work we have done in the past:

Status Sean
Club Member

Postby Status Sean » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 am

Rick89GTS wrote:
Status Sean wrote:
05christj wrote:you said you removed all the stereo equipment can I get the factory radio and harness?

Sorry I threw everything away, I'll make sure to post the future unneeded parts before I throw them away.

Did you throw away the AC stuff too?
I'm looking for a few AC things...

Yeah I did, I still have to disect everything behind the dash, if your looking for anything back there.

Does anyone need red all-trac power doors?

what I need:
-Rear Bumper
-Alternator
-Radiator
-Intercooler ECU
Status Sean
Club Member

Postby Rick89GTS » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:07 pm

^That's too bad for me :doh:
I don't need any of the behind the dash stuff, thanks though.
BTW, nice job on the headlight conversion, it looks great :)
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Postby AWDios » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Wish I had a lift :( My car has been sitting for a year and a half this stretch, but it's sat as long as about 3 years once before.

Good to know there's another decent shop in the area though.
90 White 185 with a 97 205 motor
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Club
www.pstoc.org

Formerly known as GT-Four195
AWDios
Established Member

Postby Status Sean » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03 am

Rick89GTS wrote:^That's too bad for me :doh:
I don't need any of the behind the dash stuff, thanks though.
BTW, nice job on the headlight conversion, it looks great :)

Thanks,

My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kits.

The car is super close to running, everyone keep their fingers crossed.
Status Sean
Club Member

Postby Rick89GTS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 am

Status Sean wrote:.....My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kits.....

I prefer the flip ups, but I bet a lot of the guys would like a conversion kit. The car looks meaner with it, if you know what I mean.
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Postby Status Sean » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 am

Rick89GTS wrote:
Status Sean wrote:.....My conversion uses all OE equipment right now, I'm thinking about simplifing it even more and making it 100% custom. It would require me making a mold, to make the covers out of FRP. Then I would be able to sell them to the 165 comunity as kit.....

I prefer the flip ups, but I bet a lot of the guys would like a conversion kit. The car looks meaner with it, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I kind of like the nostalgic look of the flip ups, we did the conversion to get some unneeded weight off the front end.
Status Sean
Club Member

Re: New 165 owner in the PacNW

Postby 1Bryce1 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:22 pm

update?
ST165 '88 All-Trac
ST204 '95 GT
'05 Scion TC
1Bryce1
Club Member

Previous

Return to NorthWest