Anyone want to trade diffs?

Frankencar

I have an st205 Torsen thing here. It was gonna go into a rallycar but it's looking like Torsen ain't the thing for gravel. If the budget allows we'll put a cusco setup in it and if the budget doesn't, I'll find an open diff and spool it or just weld it. If anyone here has this stuff and wants to horsetrade, I'm all ears...

Georonimo

Still available? I'm toying around with picking up one of these myself. I have an open st185 diff that's currently over on the west coast. 100k ish miles from a sides swipe victim. Great shape and almost zero play.

Frankencar

Maybe. Gotta look into more of the pros and cons of welding the open diff for rally, and see how long the bearings on a 100k diff are good for in one of these, seeing's how I can't justify a Cusco clutch diff with all the other cash I'm spending on this project...

seabrook71

Where are you located? I have an extra open diff assembly. What kind of horse are you looking to get? I run a welded diff in my beater st165 and it works awesome on snow and gravel.

Frankencar

I'm about 30 mi NE of Seattle. Dunno how much hp we're gonna get with a rules required 34mm restrictor, but as much as we can reasonably get our mitts on...

seabrook71

No, I wasn't asking about horse power. I was joking about what kind of horse you wanted in trade. It was a bad joke. What kind of trade would you want to do for the open diff if you still wanted to go that route? And if I not mistaken, didn't I sell you some shifter cables not to long ago?

Frankencar

Oh, I get it, I'm just sloooowwww... horse trade, duh...and yes I do believe you did sell me some shifter cables. I dunno man, it looks like I'll be needing a few other items, clutch slave cylinder, driveshaft, and maybe a few other odds and ends. Still haven't decided if maybe I wanna run the torsen at one event, just to see what it's like, before letting it go though.

seabrook71

Well keep me in the loop. I would totally trade you an open diff plus some of the other odds and ends, if I have them, for that torsen.