New Year, New Season, New RALLY Cross Schedule...

PreGrid

Hey all, hope you all enjoyed your "winter" but it's time to start thinking about getting those All Tracs ready for the 2005 Rally Cross Season.

Some things have changed since you've last visited and these things are IMPORTANT...

1 - Yours Truly is now the DIVISIONAL Director for the SCCA Rally Cross Programs. Not just for Oregon, but I now control Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana, Western Nevada and Nothern California down to just below San Fransisco.

What that means is that I will no longer allow Rally Cross to be run at events such as PAcific Raceways that are damaging to any cars, let alone All Tracs!

So if you want to come and play but were worried about tearing up your cars (as well you should have been up there), I am fixing that. I am also always willing to take suggestions as to locations if you have any.

2 - Rally Cross now has a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. That's right, you can be the United States Rally Cross Champion if you put your heart to it! In addition, we are having a NORPAC (Norhtern Pacific RX Championship) as well as the NW Regional Championships. Lots of ways to get your "professional" rally career off the blocks!

3 - NEW Venues!!! We are running events in a wider variety of locations this year. These NEW locations include Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Portland, Hillsboro, St. Helens, Salem, Hood River and a few others that we're still working on.

So tell your clubs and friends in these areas to expect us!

4 - RALLY SCHOOL!!! We are putting on a Rally School MArch 18th - 20th this year to teach the dynamics of Rally Driving and offer some exposure to the sport of Stage Rally. The School consists of a Friday Evening "Ground School" textbook studies, all day Saturday on-course instruction and a full Sunday Rally Cross competition. In short, we will spend so much time behind the wheel you'll be TIRED of racing!!! LOL!!!

The on-course events are held on a safe, non-damaging Rally Cross surface and not on a mountain stage.

Cost is $135 for pre-registration (before March 1st) and $150 after that. That includes both Rally Cross entries ($60 value), discounts for other Racing Events including Rally Cross ($20 Value), Insurance, Instruction by Celebrity Drivers like Paul Eklund, Course Materials, Lunch, etc., but most importatnly... experience and that competitive edge!

For more information on the PPD Driver's School, contact me at dkov@pacifier.com

5 - I am really focues on having "Club Days" for events... events that officially recognize groups or clubs that attend and perhaps a discount for that featured club. Subaru has the biggest group, obviously, but there's no reason we can't have a great Toyota Day!

So as a Group, we should plan an event that showcases Toyota and all plan to attend. What do you say?

6 - Schedule...

Currently the Schedule is as follows:

March 20th - Hillsboro (remember, this is the School event 18th - 20th)
May 15th - TBA
June 26th - TBA
August - Hood River exact day is still changing
September 25th - PIR
November 6th - Probably PIR - will confirm

The TBA locations are being decided between St. Helens, Salem, Vancovuer.

There will most likely be another couple of dates hitting the board in the next couple of weeks. Including the Divisional Championship Date, some field rental "test and tune" dates and a Fund Raiser.

Stay tuned for more dates and information.

----

That's about it for now... LOTS of new things and great events coming. Don't forget about the Pro Stage Rally coming to Oregon in April 22nd - 24th.

There are plenty of Racing events going on this year and we can always use Volunteers if you want to get up close and personal with the event, drivers, cars, crews or whatever. Just let me know!

Best in 2005!!!!

Scott "DKOV" Kovalik
OR Region Rally Cross Director
NORPAC SCCA Rally Cross Director
Rally Fanatic, Car Racing Nut, All Trac Owner
dkov@pacifier.com -- RallyCross@OregonRally.com
----------------------------------------------------------------

pepper

Congratulations on your promotion! And it looks like you're doing a ton of work getting things put together, and it's very much appreciated. I'm definitely going to see if I can get my car in good enough shape to do the driver's training in March. But I'll definitely be out and about to spectate if nothing else.

Whereabouts in St. Helens have you been looking, the fairgrounds there? Just curious, it's very close to my friend's place.

-Mike

Mr Fitzpantson

Congratulations on the promotion. I would enjoy seeing rallycross grow in the Northwest, especially with events in washington state! Curretly freshening up the suspension on the celica with teins and swaybar/bushings. I'll be keeping a close eye on that March 20th date on my calander.

yoursymphonyinc

Congrats DKOV on the promotion! cant wait to see more of you 165 on the courses.

if you can get some rallyX into seattle/tacoma area, that would be wicked... infact, just more rallyX available would be great!