identifing my engine in my 88 celica alltrac

st165-alltrac

So I just bought this 88 celica all trac and first off id have to say its bad ass!! But it has an engine swap and the guy I bought it from says its a motor from a 93 but when I looked at crate engines online the 93s don't look the same and the 94s have the same water to air intercooler that I have how can tell which engine it is for sure????

88gt4DE

I've been there .. seattle that is ... for a couple days last year. Nice motor. I want one of those top mount intercoolers soooooo bad ....

alltracst185

st165-alltrac":3piqi4q1 said:
Sorry I'm new to celicas. 2nd gen meaning a 93? And yeah I can post some pics in awhile.
2nd Gen meaning 90-93 :wink: unless you post the engine vin# we cant know for sure what year it is.

88gt4DE

Kinda tough to see but its down the front of the engine where the trans meets the motor ... its a plate just like whats up on the dash ...

alltracst185

In the bottom right hand corner of this pic of my block.

021-1.jpg

st165-alltrac

Ok ill check it out when I have time. Thanks for the help. But you know what's weird is I don't have a vin # plate at the bottom of the windshield?!?! I've never seen that before. And its not that its missing but it doesn't even have a spot for it. :shrug: