TSNW Johnston Ridge Observatory Cruise

Terracar

We would like to invite you all to join us on our cruise to the Johnston Ridge Observatory / Mt. St. Helens. I have posted some details below along with route maps. If you are interested, feel free to post within this thread. I'll add your name to the roster on our side and I'll keep this thread up-to-date with any changes. One side note, we will need a confirmation that you are going by September 29 if you are listed as a "maybe".

Thanks!
-

OfficialTSNWLogo2forumuse.png

Johnston Ridge Observatory Cruise
September 30, 2012 10:00AM
Johnston Ridge Observatory

Overview
Located at the end of State Highway 504 and 52 miles east of Castle Rock, in the heart of the blast zone, the Observatory’s interpretive displays indelibly portray the sequence of geologic events that transformed the landscape and opened up a new era in the the science of monitoring an active volcano and forecasting eruptions.

Details / Itinerary
Meet at Burger King (1209 Mount Saint Helens Way NE Castle Rock, WA 98611) in Castle Rock around 9:45am
Head out to JRO around 10am
Stop off at the Forest Learning Center (free) around 10:45 (http://www.mountsthelens.com/Forest-Lea ... enter.html)
Arrive at JRO around 12pm
Head back around 1pm
End at Peper’s 49er Restaurant (916 Walsh Ave NE Castle Rock, WA 98611) around 2:30pm

Route Map / Screenshots
Overview.jpg

End.jpg

Things to Bring
$8/person for monument pass
Camera
Snacks/Water

3s_woob

I won't be able to make it because i have a wedding to go to the night before and I know I'll be drinking the night away so I'll be waking up late and hopefully not hungover. But I'm actually headed there tomorrow in my mr2. Lived here 31 years and I've never been. so going to take a little road trip tomorrow. =D You guys have fun and take lots of pics!

Terracar

The cruise was fantastic. The weather was perfect and the 5 of us did the cruise. The FLC had their exhibits closed for the season, so that sucked. We were able to locate a herd of elk down in the valley at JRO. We finished with some good food and some good conversation.

-Terracar