What needs work on your alltrac? (LA area)

Cali/Nevada/AZ and surrounding States

Postby lumbercis » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:01 am

Damn, I wish you were closer, i'd love to help you restore the car. But riverside is waaay out there for me. Is the car you are talking about the red or white one in your sig?

J.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby Toxygene » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:05 pm

It's the white one. The red one is actually Steve's but ironically I ended up buying a red GT-S that looks alot like his AllTrac.

I appreciate the offer. It's too bad your too far. As it is though, I've been saving up quite a bit and I hope to have quite a bit of restoration motor work done.

The way I look at it is this. I am buying a thirty thousand dollar car. It's just going to be on my terms and my payment plan. When I'm done. I'll have a car that is exactly the way I want it to be.

I think that's the problem with most owners. They see an AllTrac going for a cheap price and think that it'll be a cheap car to own.

It's a 20 to 30 grand car for anyone wanting to really keep it, run it, and definitely modify it.
Toxygene
Established Member

Postby solarinsocal » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:55 am

What part of Riverside do you reside in?
solarinsocal
Club Member

Postby Toxygene » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:32 am

Right by the Mission Inn.

And close enough to enjoy Pho Express! LOL
Toxygene
Established Member

Postby muneo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:32 am

I'm bringing this post back from the dead.

Lumb, I'm finally back in the work force meaning, I will finally have money to pay for gas to take me up to Chatsworth and to buy parts that my car is in dire need of. When I get a couple pay checks, I'm gonna take you up on that carne asada/beer offer.
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby lumbercis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Good timing dude!!! Solarinsocal aka fucking rad dude has been coming out all the way from Ontario and helping/instructing me this week to install a rebuilt turbo and downpipe. So I'm finally getting my hands dirty and getting my alltrac in shape. After this I just need to install new brake components and I'll be ready to rock.

He's in the middle of restoring his 'trac for offroad/track fun. We're going to try to get our cars ready for the mr2 track day that's coming up. Where I am going to try to learn how to drive. :twisted:

But seriously man, you have to come out and meet solar. With us three working together we can have alot of fun and have awesomely running cars.

Shit, I'm getting effin' excited again!!! :evil:

J.
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby muneo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 am

Perfect! I've put back my rebuilt turbo and DP on before. Hands Dirty? What doesnt get dirty is more the question.

Can I work on a 64 mustang at your place. I have to replace the tranny pan on it cuz its leaking like a mutha and swap out the thermostat.
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby lumbercis » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 am

You own a '64 mustang??? Weird, I didn't take you for a mustang guy.

Okay, just don't spit chewing tobacco all over my driveway. :nono:

But seriously, it's okay to do it here, but keep in mind that my driveway is gravel, not concrete. It's not the easiest surface to work on as I've discovered recently. I think we ought to go to the hardware store and buy a 6x4 plywood sheet to put under the car so at least we have a solid working surface.

J.
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby smog7 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 am

man you guys suck, why do you all have to live so far away.
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

Postby Toxygene » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:26 am

Because house prices are crazy!!!

But Seriously, I used to live in Long Beach until I met my Fiancee. Now I'm stuck out here. I have a few things to fix on my Trac but it will have to wait until after my wedding.

Good luck on the repairs guys!
Toxygene
Established Member

Postby muneo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:54 am

Its technically a 64 1/2 since they stopped production and called them 65s after they started up again shortly after. As much as I love high revving and turboed imports, you just cant deny the appeal of a carbuerated small block. No AFM, no ECU, no injectors...just a carb and a motor.

Gravel might work out better since tranny fluid will be spilling out into your driveway anyways :D . Of course I am a friend to the environment so a tarp or oil blanket might be helpful.

I just put in the order for Mustang parts this weekend. I should get them in by next week...hopefully
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby lumbercis » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Cool, just give me some advance warning about when you want to do it so I can clear out some time.

J.
818-274-7673
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby muneo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:19 pm

Wow, my mustang parts came in already. You have time this Sunday or next weekend?
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

Postby lumbercis » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Think we can get it done in a day? Then sure, sunday should be fine. I wanted to install my midpipe on Saturday. Hopefully I won't run into any snags or there will be two broken down cars in my driveway. :lol:

J.
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby muneo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:15 am

I should hope so. What do you have in terms of tools i.e. jack, jack stands, wrenches...etc.?
Ex-185 Owner
muneo
Established Member

PreviousNext

Return to SouthWest