New Nevada member

HoleShot

Hello,

I'm a new st185 owner and I live in Las Vegas. Is there anyone on the board who lives in Nevada? I know there was a Black 88' for sale in town awhile ago. Did anybody pick it up? Also, I used to live in Phoenix, AZ. So I go down there every once in a while.

cmorty

Hi there!!! :D

I know that this reply is a little late, but I just recently discovered this site.

I'm also in the process of looking for another All-Trac ( hopefully in this area.... yes I know, snowball's chance in hell).

I currently own a maroon 93' All-trac...but she's in the shop w/ engine trouble ( I think she has a cracked block :cry: .... God I hope not). I first got her in 99' while I was stationed in Mayport (Jacksonville), FL. Now i'm here in Las Vegas.

I also have an 94 FCS RX-7, which I think I have a buyer for today.

HoleShot

OMG I thought I was the only one! lol.

Actually my friend has a st165, but he bought it with a bad motor and he still hasnt fixed it.

These forums are a great place for exchange of knowledge and info for our cars, welcome aboard.

I've never seen your car around town. I'm in the black 1992 185.

cmorty

My AT is a maroon 93 with 18" Enkei RPO 7s. Shes been garaged for awhile until just recently (well..... two months ago). For the time being, i've been driving around an old beat-up 96 Sunfire "YUCK!" Never buying domestic again....even in beater sandards!

Anyways, just when I thought I got my babe primed and ready for Midnight Mayhem at the speedway, I started to have major coolant problems. I checked and replaced all my hoses (not a fun task at all), and changed my thermastat, as well as did a flush...... and STILL had over heating problems. I only went a distance of 5mi. on 215 west, when she just died on me! Luckily... a good mechanic friend of mine just lives off of Towncenter, gave me a tow to his uncle's shop off of N.Rancho & 95. They've been working on her for 4 days now.

As for now.... i've been looking for another All-Trac to do an RC conversion to.

db

I just moved to Las Vegas myself. Just got here Monday in fact. I own a black 1990 Alltrac.

db

Yes, my car is running. I'm driving to and from work with it. Unfortunately, I'm only getting 16 miles per gallon so I gotta figure out what's up with that. My car has 17" seven spoke rims and dark tint all around, so you should be able to recognize it. I don't have a local cell yet, so if you see me just get my attention or something if you wanna chat.

Dave

HoleShot

Well, I'm glad we have some other memebers in Nevada now. I also drive my all trac daily, but I'm thinking about "summerizing" it and putting it away for the intense summer.

Cmorty, any news on your car? And any pics from you or db?

Also, I've had several reports of a silver st185 somewhere in Vegas. I"ve had three different people say they have seen an old lady driving it. And they were sure it was an all trac and not just a hood swap or something. Anyone seen anything?

P.S. Gary

Lol on the alltracian greeting!

cmorty

Welcome aboard db!! As for my AT..... yep, the block is cracked!! :( I'm in the process right now working w/ my friends and my bro (who just became a father of a beautiful healthy young boy...8lbs/12", on the 25th!!), on getting a new JDM engine. There were two hairline cracks: a real nice one by the oil pan, and a second one internally on the 3rd cylinder housing. So as you can see....i've got my work cutout for me.

As for the silver st185..... I could of sworn that I saw one on 15 S. a couple of days ago. I guess this confirms it. And if it is owned by an old lady.....maybe she might consider selling it (to me hopefully :D !!)

HoleShot

Ouch morty, that sux. Do you have any pics of your car and engine. From the avatar it looks awesome.

Yeah, if I ever see that "lady" I'm going to chase her down and see if she wants to sell it! hehe

Whereabouts in town do you live. I live near UNLV right now, but it looks like I'll be moving to a house in the Sunrise Mountain area next month. I'll find out for sure tonight. I'll finally have a decent garage to work on the AT in.

HoleShot

Core, are you an mr2 or AT owner? Or both?

I posted on the mr2oc forums about that sighting, I dunno if it was me though.

A

Anonymous

Omg I almost bought that one! If I'm not mistaken, it has no abs, sunroof, or leather, right?

Is it still running?

This brings our population up.

Me - Black 1992 St185

Cmort - Maroon 1993 St185

db - Black 1990 St185

Core - Blue 1990? St185

My friend Ben - Red 1988 St165