SoCal Big Bear Cruise and BBQ Meet

Rpz123isme

Its only a few weeks away, we need the map up and food set up. Does the park have a bbq? if so Ill bring charcoal, and sodas.

car_barn_bandit

Rpz123isme":1qj7s1bc said:
Its only a few weeks away, we need the map up and food set up. Does the park have a bbq? if so Ill bring charcoal, and sodas.

If you are going, please email me your contact info at team.america@me.com in case something happens and we need to get ahold of everyone!

We have a BBQ going, but a second one might be necessary now that we have such a large group! Please post up what food or drinks you are bringing to the event so I can make a list this weekend! Thanks again, the map is coming...

car_barn_bandit

Rpz123isme":3bjbh982 said:
well with all the bills i have and a room renovation, im to broke to pay for my cars registration :cry:

Noooo!

I understand priorities man. It's hella tight with money for us all. We'll be there if anything changes!

tubasteve

i know our cars are ment for snow, but they are talking 18" of snow in the next 24 hours.............ive been emailed nothing or given any new news?!?!? i need to know asap.

MD. Celica

Tuba Steve has a point. We are going to need snow chains plus
Freeze our balls off up there. Plus all of the cars will be a mess by the time we get there.

tubasteve

I just tried getting new tires.....the size i need is not rated for snow or ice.i have cables and chains.....I'd rather not to keep from possible damage.last time i was in the snow.....i got a new rc bumper.

car_barn_bandit

We are moving it to next weekend to avoid several things.

CalTrans has SR 18 closed to 4WD/chains only 3mi north of 330. SR 18 (Rim of the World Highway) was closed all the way up this morning, then from SR 138 up, and now from 330. It may be open tomorrow, but there will be salt and traffic from the Ski Resorts that will make the cruise essentially worthless. We can't promise a good cruise or open roads going up, so we are moving the meet till next weekend.

Call or txt me with any questions. 330-860-3252

The idea behind the meet was to drive Rim of the World Highway in spring before summer traffic and after winter snow. Celica is essentially latin for "heavenly" so we wanted to drive to where they belong, above the clouds. Picked the worst weekend this month apparently.

April 22nd, same place, same time.

tubasteve

I am beyond pissed. I just switched tires, wheels.......just....just got done.

fuck you all!

Just kidding, ironic is all.

car_barn_bandit

tubasteve":3hgt730k said:
I am beyond pissed. I just switched tires, wheels.......just....just got done.

fuck you all!

Just kidding, ironic is all.

Haha. Yeah, some of the 1st gen guys weren't thrilled about driving their babies through salt. I don't know how many people have driven the highway, but it's one of my favorite hour long drives.

I grew up in NE Ohio. Snow is nothing.