So. Cali Alltrac Meet for June or July?

So. Cali meet and greet JUNE? or JULY?

• JUNE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JULY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

turbo4wd

Ok, since it seems a lot of you guys are showing some interest in getting together for a meet, we can do what we did last time and have a BBQ at the same park in Cerritos.

For those of you who dont know, Cerritos is basically the middle point from the greater LA area and "the OC" and is directly accesible by several major freeways (605 / 5 / 91). I know we've got quite a few members located in The Valley and a few of you from the S/D area so it would only be fair to split the difference and not have too many of you complain about distance.

I wish I had the pics from the last BBQ because we had a good turnout.. but the hard drive they were stored on died on me.. I believe we only had about 5-6 actual cars, but more than double that in terms of people. Good food, good weather, and good peeps.. Even had a few good pics of Roo having his car towed away.. LOL

Let me know what you guys prefer in terms of June or July.. once we narrow down the month, we can go from there..

Kess

maybe we should wait till they catch the freeway killer, cause he's killed once a week and each of those surrounding freeways

turbo4wd

Kess":2i2p6grp said:
maybe we should wait till they catch the freeway killer, cause he's killed once a week and each of those surrounding freeways

Actually those shootings have occured on other freeways..

But regardless of that.. If thats going to keep anyone from coming to a meet.. oh wells.. might as well stay indoors all day and hope you dont slip on a wet floor, crack your head, die, and wait 2 weeks for your rotting stench to be noticed by your neighbors enough to call the cops over to investigate.. :shrug:

Anyhow.. considering the interest shown on the other threads, its funny people can't commit to a month, let alone a specific day when its laid out on the table.. I'm not surprised.. Its just par for So Cali owners..

Everyone talks the talk, but when the day approaches, its a different story.. hehe :lol:

muneo

I'm down for June 11, 2005 @ 10:00 am SHARP @ any park of your choice within 45 minutes of WLA!!! I'll bring fried Sesame Chicken and my car...which will be running!

Hows that for commitment?

turbo4wd

muneo":1h9avf2t said:
I'm down for June 11, 2005 @ 10:00 am SHARP @ any park of your choice within 45 minutes of WLA!!! I'll bring fried Sesame Chicken and my car...which will be running!

Hows that for commitment?

Now thats what I'm talkin about! :D

Toxygene

Hey June sounds great but can we do it a little sooner in the month. Hello to you all by the way!
June 4th, 4 in the afternoon prefferably by the beach like Cherry park in Long Beach, and I'll bring the taters. :D

Kess

It was a JOKE!!!!! Anyway, I know you guys want it in early june, but, my sis is graduating that day, I want it in later june, cuz that when My B-day is. Either way I'll have to request a day off. Plus I was hoping to bring my baby with, and it won't be done by early june. That was why I went for july, Also to get saturday off I have to request it at least 3 weeks before hand. Either way I'llbe there.
On another note.... yeah we have a hard time agreeing, but you guys do realize that there are a lot of ppl in SoCal who have to put in long hours just to have a home or buy gas. I work 44 hrs a week...which translates out to 6 days a week, 5 of which are double shifts...at a very popular resteraunt. plus some of us have family or education obligations. It's hard for me to find time to go online, let alone meet ppl.

Toxygene

You can never please everyone all of the time. You can only please some of the people some of the time.

Obviously, it would make sense that it's next to impossible to get everyone when they are free. As frustrating as it must sound, the only way to do this is to make a firm date and have people schedule for that date. Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to make that date but then that is to be expected. That is why it is good to have several meets during the course of a year. That way you figure the odds are in your favor of making it to at least one of the meets. I would like to suggest that maybe we all plan to have 4 firm dates through out the year and then that way we can plan for each one.

How about it. Anyone care to throw out 4 exact times when we can all meet up?