Smog regulations

Kess

Ok, this is for so cal members
I have to get my car smogged, and i was wondering what the regulations were regaurding idle rpms. I ask because the smog guy said mine idled to low at 900. I called and everyone said it should idle btwn 2200 and 2700 rpms in neutral, now that seems way, way, way to high to me. I was wondering what the regualations for the idle rpms in neutral (where the car just sits there and does it's thing for like 30 secs) were? Also wha tdo you guys ssay your car is when you take it in? I just said a celica turbo alltrac, and they supposedly did it as a four wheel drive turbo. Help, cause I'm clueless :doh: :doh: :doh:

tweekgt4

unless they have an awd dyno, your alltrac will only be tested by the sniffer.

resting idle is 850 plus or minus 50 rpms.

resting rev is 2500.

Kess

I don't know what they used exactly, all I know is there little comp showed my little baby's Rpm's and they were where they should be, but the smog dude said they were tooo low. What does an AWD dyno look like?
:)

A

Anonymous

If you dont pass I know a place that can hook you up. Let me know if it comes to that point.

John

92 st185
93 st185
03 g35 coupe

tweekgt4

was the car sitting on rollers or just on the concrete?

i think you should take the car elsewhere to get it smogged. the tech was pulling your leg or something.

Kess":18iaw6mc said:
I don't know what they used exactly, all I know is there little comp showed my little baby's Rpm's and they were where they should be, but the smog dude said they were tooo low. What does an AWD dyno look like?
:)

akiragt4

What Up!!

The break down how the smog inspection done.All alltrac that need smog Either (test only or Regular test) will not be test on the dyno_Once the tech punch in the vin to the state, it will put it in a two speed idle test.Which mean The vechicle will sit off the dyno in neutral, first step 2500 rpm for 30 second the, step 2 idle for 30 second. That all....

Jon
Akiragt4

Kess

Ever tried tyo get an alltrac to maintain at like 2500 for 30 secs? HE was having a hard time, but that sounds like what was happening.