An All Trac makes a good ant farm...

EH339

nfn and I started to work on our All Trac in earnest this week... well it's been mostly his efforts. The engine bay is cleaned and assessed. The interior has been gutted. Mice lived in the back seat cushions at one point and... there was a huge ants nest inside the headliner. lol The ants have been relocated to a corner of our yard. There were a few lost souls this morning that I carried over to the new homeland.

Anyway, Brian will be happy that we're working our ST165 finally. :)

at1.jpg

ants.jpg

EH339

Update: No more ants. And the replacement engine bay wiring harness that Matt built works in terms of the headlights and other accessories. Yay!

EH339

Gary":10vo7i3g said:
LOL. "Sweet car" That's why.
Hah! That she is!!

The car has been rather sedentary for several years. The guy I bought if from noticed that it was parked in the same place for a long time, then approached the owner with an owner. Then he tried unsuccessfully to get it running. There were wiring issues and the radiator was bad. We flatbedded it home. The car had leafy matter in the grooves of the hatch that had decayed to mulch. The ants were probably attracted to that. Ironically, as a kid, I was facinated by the insect world and was never able to setup a good ant farm. Had I known what was going on in the All Trac ahead of time, I could have built a glass home for them and used a clean vacuum cleaner bag to gather them up in. *sigh*

GMan

> EH339
> Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:16 pm
> Post subject: An All Trac makes a good ant farm...

Oh That is Not good.

> nfn and I started to work on our All Trac in earnest this week..

Excellent !

> Anyway, Brian will be happy that we're working our ST165 finally.

Always happy to see a revived AT. :)

$ nfn15037
$ Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:53 am
$ Eh for $750 it is not that bad.

Not a bad price at all :D
Too bad Progress Costs. :-(

Regards;

EH339

GMan":34i0gbcp said:
$ nfn15037
$ Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:53 am
$ Eh for $750 it is not that bad.

Not a bad price at all :D
Too bad Progress Costs. :-(

Regards;
But Brian, $750 was the price paid for the car... so I think that we are ahead of the game at the moment... 8)