Stay away from TDC Tuning in NH

GMan

Too bad, we need as many good tunig shops we can find.
Any details on any boards ? Every shop has its set backs.
I hope they make right with the customer ?

No address on their web page.
http://www.tdctuning.com/

Oh well. Thanks for the note.

Regards;

EH339

They are up in Concord, NH, but because they have an awd dyno, I felt that some of this board's members might be tempted to check them out. The guy running the shop is Jon of Dropshop Jon fame. A few years ago, he stiffed a bunch of Honda-Tech members by offered a group buy on making turbo manifolds. People sent in deposits and to most, he never sent them anything. The few people that got product, only got it after long delays and lots of bitching, and the quality of them was very poor.

His tuning isn't that hot either. I know that one turbo setup he tuned ran pig rich, suffered cylinder wash and broke the rings.

The Evo is currently at DSG...

EH339

I'd stay away from all import tuner or performance shops. Too many have gone under or botched up their customers' cars. They are only out to sell their overpriced mods. Their mechanics tend to lack experience.

DSG has integrity, as does places like Little Foreign Car Garage. LFCG's owner races a Porsche 914 at Lime Rock. Then for BMW's there's Turner Motorsports.

Jon at TDC was always great at tinkering on his EF hatch, but he has no business sense and lacks organizational skills. And I think what's also disturbing is that he doesn't know the limits to his knowledge. He had no business taking that Evo clutch job. There was no reason to take out the subframeto get at the tranny. He mashed up all kinds of lines in taking it out and putting it back in. Then he didn't refill the tranny fluid so the tranny seized.

The guys over at the now defunct PFModify once did a job for a friend of mine. There was some issue and it turned out to be that his axles weren't seated in properly. But another garage, a real garage was the one that solved that problem.

Wang's Performance is another joke and his "tuning" has blown up several motors. And I'm not impressed with Trick Engineering either. Both shops are geared towards the import drag race crowd.

GMan

> EH339
> Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:15 pm
> I'd stay away from all import tuner or performance shops.

I hope to find a few good ones around.

> Too many have gone under or botched up their customers' cars.

So I have heard.

> They are only out to sell their overpriced mods.
> Their mechanics tend to lack experience.

So i have found out.

> Jon at TDC was always great at tinking on his EF hatch,
> but he has no business sense and lacks organizational skills.

Yes, it takes a while for a shop to gain knowledge.

> He had no business taking that Evo clutch job.

No manuals ?

> Then he didn't refill the tranny fluid so the tranny seized.

Is he going to warranty his work ? Or refund the $$ he got ?

> The guys over at the now defunct PFModify once did a job for a friend of mine.

I rather liked Scott, never had any work done by him though.
Luckily I even got a deposit back after a lot of effort.
He has relocated to Waltham.

> Wang's Performance is another joke and his "tuning" has blown up several motors.

I have not heard of that shop.

> Both shops are geared towards the import drag race crowd.

What is wrong with them, or import drag racing for that matter ?

T3 motorsports Just moved Very near my house.
Too bad I cannot trust them either. They sat on my
car for 6 weeks last year for a clutch job.

Oh well, the bad shops definetely out number the good shops.

Regards;