Could use some help in Maryland/Meet

TRD-ST165

I just bought an 88 Black All-Trac for $1400. Immaculant condition body and interior. It was so amazing clean that I bought it on the spot. This is my first All-trac, I own a 96 GT (I am sure some of you saw it at the Hooters meet last year, the Silver 6TH Gen with the Bronze 5-Zigen wheels) and have some experiance with the 3S. Anyway, the bad is that cylinder one sounds like the piston is hitting the head or some broken object. I am a detailer and work for the Fitzgerald dealership in Rockville, so and body or interior I can handle. But the actual engine work is another story. My best friend who is like a MR2 master is helping me out and has a garage full of MR2s and random parts, and thats where the car is now. I was wondering if anyone wants to help out. I am not in a rush to fix it up, but am hoping to have it running before summer.

Shaggz00

I got your back, bro. Everyone in the area is working on an engine build, why not add one more?? :lol:

I'm in Twinbrook, where are you at? I'm sure Eric will be interested in seeing whats going on as well. Just let me know when and where.

Yeah, definitely can help out, but most of us locals are working on our
own projects (including me, avi, and eric). You need to get ahold of
Eric, he can steer you in the right direction. Would love to see the car so
let me know if the locals are coming over to help (Avi, Eric)

I had the blue MR2 turbo at this summers meet

saki10man

i work for fitz toyota(new building) in gaithersburg, I drive a 162 with a first gen swap, come over and give me a holla anytime......wouldnt mind helping out one bit............. :smokes:

TRD-ST165

saki10man":2c8vwl1f said:
i work for fitz toyota(new building) in gaithersburg, I drive a 162 with a first gen swap, come over and give me a holla anytime......wouldnt mind helping out one bit............. :smokes:

Next time I have to drop a car off there, I'll try to find you. BTW, the new Service building is fucking sweet.

saki10man

only yellow tool box in the shop :D , will also introduce to eric(thanks willy) master tech and owner of one of the sweetest 165's around, now under construction............

Sherrod

TRD-ST165

Got some great news. The car should be home anyday now. My goal as of now is just to get it running good enough so I can enjoy it for the summer and then start restoring/building up during the fall/winter.

black88inmd

I've got to do some work on the miata tomorrow. Depower the steering rack and pull the crank out. But other than that I'm pretty much open afterwards. What all do you need a hand with? Might be able to lend one for a bit.

TRD-ST165

Update: After practically completely tearing apart the motor I finally figured out the main problem tha was wrong with it. Who ever the idiot that was that "rebuilt" this thing I guess forgot that it was important to have a bearing on the connector rod. :nono:

As of now I need:
New/Machinned Head
New/Machined Block
Crank
Rods
Pistons
Bearings
Clutch
Valves
Anything else for a tune up, etc....

TRD-ST165

Update:
Motor and Trans are out (Not Fun) as well as the sub-frame (Snapped one of the bolts, DOH!). Cleaned the engine bay up and also sanded and painted some rusted stuff. My JDM motor and trans should be in tommorow as well as the ecu. Still trying to find a jdm 185 harness unless its possible to reuse my 165 harness. Need to also get new mounts, fuel filter, rotor, pads, clutch kit, tune-up stuff etc...

Only thing really holding me back from as of now is the wiring. If anyone is willing to lend a hand with this I will be much appreciated.