4th Annual New England Car Enthusiast Meet - MA,NY,CT,RI,NH,

A

Anonymous

4th Annual New England Car Enthusiast Meet - MA,NY,CT,RI,NH,ME,VT

Hey everyone its that time again, last year (2008) the meet was placed on Mother's day, of course I didn't even notice that it was going to be mother's day until about 2 weeks before the meet, this time I'm going to hope that I don't pick a random holiday again and hope for the weather we had last Mother's day (about 75 degrees clear blue skies, of course on the nicest day that we had so far that year, only about 1/4 of all the people that said they were going come actually came because of the holiday, but if it wasn't on that holiday it would have probably been packed because of the weather)

Copied from 3rd annual New England meet:
Last year was great! Last years meet had an EXCELLENT turnout (even for a partially cancelled meet due to what was supposed to be a snowy forecast), hopefully will be the same this year if not better :). This year its at a later date so that way hopefully it will be a bit warmer!

RAIN OR SHINE OR SNOW. Everyone be sure to see what the weather is like in Worcester Massachusetts, that's what we're going by.

ALL CARS WELCOME, THE MORE THE BETTER, feel free to bring food, drinks, anything, no alcoholic beverages. If you don't feel like bringing your own food, don't worry there's about 19 different places to eat within 1/4 mile of the location, from Mcdonald's to pizza and sandwich shops.

Also PLEASE do not litter. Hold your trash in the bag/box it came in, and throw it away later, there is only one trash receptacle in the entire parking lot.

What: Car Enthusiast Meet, all cars welcome
When: Saturday June 13th, 2009 (Made sure this wasn't a holiday weekend this time) Starts at 1:00PM - Whenever people decide to start leaving
Where: Advanced Auto Parts II, on Grafton Street (NOT AutoZone both are very close to each other) in Worcester Massachusetts. Exact address is 725 Grafton St, Worcester Massachusetts 01604 for those of you with a navigation system.

And for those of you that doubt the size of the lot, it has 150 + parking spaces. Please choose a parking space and park in it, do not be that guy/girl to take up 2-3 spots.

Only if its pouring rain outside the meet will be postponed until exactly a week from then Saturday June 20th, 2009 (the 21st is Father's day).

Directions:

From New York - Find I-90 E (aka., the Masspike) Take Exit 11 (Millbury/Worcester) at Intersection off exit, take a left at the lights, stay straight for about 2-3 miles, Store will be on the right side.

From Conn. Take I-395 North until it changes into I-290 East, Take Exit 14 towards Grafton/Uxbridge route 122 (rt. 122 is Grafton st), at intersection off exit stay right, take a right at the light, stay on Grafton St. for about 1 ½ miles. Store will be on your left.

From Rhode Island - Easiest way to get there from 146 is about 10 minutes longer than another way but the other way is more complicated, easy way - Take Route 146 North, until you reach I-90(Masspike), after tollbooth go I-90 East Towards Boston, Take Exit 11 (Millbury/Worcester) at Intersection off exit, take a left at the lights, stay straight for about 2-3 miles, Store will be on the right side.

From Maine (If any) -I-195 South / West to I-495 South, to I-90(Masspike), after tollbooth go I-90 West Towards Springfield, Take Exit 11 (Millbury/Worcester) at Intersection off exit, take a left at the lights, stay straight for about 2-3 miles, Store will be on the right side.

From New Hampshire - many different ways to get there... dont know how to explain it, but here it goes, for the people next to Concord, take I-93 south to I-495 South then to I-90(Masspike), after tollbooth go I-90 West Towards Springfield, Take Exit 11 (Millbury/Worcester) at Intersection off exit, take a left at the lights, stay straight for about 2-3 miles, Store will be on the right side.

From Vermont - Take I-91 South to French Kings Highway East, then to Route 2 East Take route 2 East until you get to I-190 South, I-190 South merges into I-290 West, take exit 14, stay right off exit (around a bend) stay right after bend at intersection. Take a right at intersection, you are now on Grafton St. Store will be on your left about 1 ½ miles up the road.

NOTE TO ALL COMING FROM I-290

When you get onto Grafton St. bear right of the rotary that comes up after the Mobil gas station that you will see on your right. This is now still Grafton St. it just has a lot of bends and weird intersections. At the next big intersection you want to stay in your left lane and bear left, do not take a complete left turn up a hill, just bear left at the fork, If you went the right way, the CVS will be on your right side, not your left, and there will be a Getty gas station on your left right after the CVS, if you see these places your heading in the right direction. The store parking lot will be on your left side up ahead in about a ½ - ¾ mile.

NOTE TO ALL COMING FROM I-90

After you pay the toll, take a left at the lights, stay on this road for about 2-3 miles, if your heading in the right direction you should pass a 7 Eleven which will be on your left, and cross about 3 sets of lights. You will see a big Stop & Shop plaza on your right side eventually, you are now about ½ mile away. Store parking lot will be on your right side.

Be sure to post this up on another forum if you know of any that haven’t been informed, more people = better! Take this day off from work and have a good time!

Pictures from the first meet can be found here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263726/5 , 2nd meet (2007) you can find scattered pictures over a lot of different forums, here is a good one that I have managed to find; (dont mind the guys head near the orange SRT-4, thats because it was two photos put together by someone with photoshop)
worcestermeet4.jpg

The 3rd meet I'm not too sure there are many pictures of.

WarTowels

enjoi926":96hd3am3 said:
From Maine (If any) -I-195 South / West to I-495 South, to I-90(Masspike), after tollbooth go I-90 West Towards Springfield, Take Exit 11 (Millbury/Worcester) at Intersection off exit, take a left at the lights, stay straight for about 2-3 miles, Store will be on the right side.

That should read I-95 South. Which is the main Maine interstate here.

-Towels