Welcome your new Overlord...(also club stuff)

lumbercis

Okay guys, I took the liberty of creating a new map for us and adding everyone who has responded to this thread. Check it out and make sure I have you in the right place. Also, everyone should be able to edit the map so that people can add or remove themselves in the future. The map is "private" insofar as it doesn't show up in search results so you need the correct link to get to it, which is only posted here.
NE Alltracs: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 2a747a8cd3

From what we have at the moment, it looks like our "mini regions" might be DMV, Western PA and East PA and environs.

Now your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to keep an eye out while you are browsing around the boards for other owners who haven't yet posted in this thread and send them a friendly PM directing them here.

Also, if any of you are active over on the celicatech boards, I'd like to see if any of FWD swappers (or heck, even stock motor guys) would be interested in joining in. So if you know of any celicatech guys in our area invite them to have a look at the thread here.

What do you guys think about expanding this out to other chassis? MR2s? 6th or 7th gen celicas? Logistically it would be harder but we would have the advantage of greater numbers. What do you think?

More to come...

97JZA80

you can add me and my brother to the map, I looked but didnt see how to edit it.

Me-Middletown, DE

88gt4DE-Bear, DE

lumbercis

Ah sorry, I figured out the deal with the editing. You need to be logged into your google account to edit it. So if you have a gmail account for instance, you can log into that then a little "EDIT" icon will appear at the top left.

If anyone doesn't have a google account just post up and I will add you when I get a minute.

Can someone with a google account log in and verify that my assumption is correct? Let me know if you see the edit button.

CrazyAchmed

Can add me aswell. Huntingtown MD.

I usually tag along with Mafix/ESracing to most meets as they have the cars, and my truck gets used for the carry all space. Or when Mafix breaks his car it becomes a tow vehicle.

Hopeing to fix my problem this year and get my blue one running/painted.

I'm down for driving a few hours for a meet.

If we do use Gearhead's shop, we should get a list together of the local hotels that we can stay at up there for a meet.

I used to drive a 3KGT/Stealth. Those guys planned some nice big meets all over the country. East Coast meet was in OC. Always had 75+ cars. But was always planned many months in advance.

97JZA80

lumbercis":3opbns3i said:
Ah sorry, I figured out the deal with the editing. You need to be logged into your google account to edit it.....Can someone with a google account log in and verify that my assumption is correct? Let me know if you see the edit button.

I set up an account and was able to add myself, my brother, Lamont and CrazyAchmed. I think thats everyone thats posted, but its not everyone...I will keep an eye on the thread too and add people that respond.

lumbercis

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help!

Soooo, anyone feel like going in with me and renting a shop? :shock:

But yeah, I'm serious. I've been looking at the craigslist ads and if 5 guys went in together on a small shop (around 1000sq ft is the smallest I've seen), then rent for each person could be kept below $200 a month. That's what people pay for a parking space in DC, and it will pretty much pay for itself with my first engine swap. Plus I would be able to store my car indoors when the weather is nasty.

I'm trying to get some interest on several other forums, as I know we wouldn't have enough people just from the DC/VA/MD crowd here. So if you think it's something you'd be willing to do, let me know. And if any of you happen to be budding business owners, this might be a nice way to start with cheaper rent.

LMK,
:smokes:

Blacktrac

I occasionally check out this forum to see what is going on. I would be interested in possibly a annual event, but beyond that other commitments and activities would keep me from driving any type of distance. I did attend the Celicatech Dragon run last year and had a great time. I would suggest we take advantage of these established events to get together. I added my location to google maps! I am located to the north west of Rochester, NY.

Paul