Welcome your new Overlord...(also club stuff)

Moderator: lumbercis

Postby LegacyofDan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:32 pm

i agree with willie. :)
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
LegacyofDan
GTFour God

Postby celicasilfee » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm loving all the ideas. I'd definitely be down for a "club" type of assossiation. It just makes more sense to me. lol. Just need to find more people around my area with alltracs & we'll be set. :shoots:

I'd be down for infrequent meets around md, too. I hve family in Baltimore so they'd love it if we just so happen to have to make the trip once or twice a year. Win/win- I'd become they're favorite relative & I get to chill with you guys! :smokes:
'96 GT (money pit jr)
For show

'90 GT4 RC (money pit sr)
For go
celicasilfee
Gold Member

Postby Mafix » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 pm

let me know if you need help setting stuff up lumbercis.
BTW side note, road race tires suck balls on cold roads. burn outs at 50mph anyone?
Mafix
Gold Member

Postby Wicked Toys » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Welcome to the NE

Great trac community. Meets are always a good time.

Hopefully things will start working out for me and I won't have to sell my car.
Wicked Toys
Club Member

Postby mx6er2587 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

I vote yes for meets at gearhead's shop. As much as I love meeting Dan in his forest or fox alpha on his busy dangerous street to tear alltracs apart I think I'm ready for a change.

I demand better working conditions the next time I'm asked to work on one of these god forsaken scrap heaps :P

Gearheads shop is also just awesome. Not only is it big and from what I saw well stocked. He's bound to have some other odd or rare cars (read: nightmare projects) lying around. When I was up there last year to get a transmission from him he had a pair of s12 200sx's. Yeah s12's.

Oh and did I mention he's local to me. People should come to me, I'm much more likely to show up that way.
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby LegacyofDan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:51 pm

i would love to if it wasnt like 400 miles away..lol
LegacyofDan
GTFour God

Re: Welcome your new Overlord...(also club stuff)

Postby lumbercis » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 am

Okay guys, I took the liberty of creating a new map for us and adding everyone who has responded to this thread. Check it out and make sure I have you in the right place. Also, everyone should be able to edit the map so that people can add or remove themselves in the future. The map is "private" insofar as it doesn't show up in search results so you need the correct link to get to it, which is only posted here.
NE Alltracs: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 2a747a8cd3

From what we have at the moment, it looks like our "mini regions" might be DMV, Western PA and East PA and environs.

Now your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to keep an eye out while you are browsing around the boards for other owners who haven't yet posted in this thread and send them a friendly PM directing them here.

Also, if any of you are active over on the celicatech boards, I'd like to see if any of FWD swappers (or heck, even stock motor guys) would be interested in joining in. So if you know of any celicatech guys in our area invite them to have a look at the thread here.

What do you guys think about expanding this out to other chassis? MR2s? 6th or 7th gen celicas? Logistically it would be harder but we would have the advantage of greater numbers. What do you think?

More to come...
Caldina powered...
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby 97JZA80 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm

you can add me and my brother to the map, I looked but didnt see how to edit it.

Me-Middletown, DE

88gt4DE-Bear, DE
Mike

88 Alltrac-Light Duty
92 Pickup-Hauling Duty
97 Supra-Dust Collection Testing Device
98 GS400-Wifey
07 GX470-Daily
97JZA80
Club Member

Postby lumbercis » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Ah sorry, I figured out the deal with the editing. You need to be logged into your google account to edit it. So if you have a gmail account for instance, you can log into that then a little "EDIT" icon will appear at the top left.

If anyone doesn't have a google account just post up and I will add you when I get a minute.

Can someone with a google account log in and verify that my assumption is correct? Let me know if you see the edit button.
Caldina powered...
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby CrazyAchmed » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Can add me aswell. Huntingtown MD.

I usually tag along with Mafix/ESracing to most meets as they have the cars, and my truck gets used for the carry all space. Or when Mafix breaks his car it becomes a tow vehicle.

Hopeing to fix my problem this year and get my blue one running/painted.

I'm down for driving a few hours for a meet.

If we do use Gearhead's shop, we should get a list together of the local hotels that we can stay at up there for a meet.

I used to drive a 3KGT/Stealth. Those guys planned some nice big meets all over the country. East Coast meet was in OC. Always had 75+ cars. But was always planned many months in advance.
06 Tundra SR5 TRD
02 HD Sporty
88 Alltrac Red -- Stripped Bare & Towed to Scrap Yard
88 Alltrac White -- Parted & Sold
88 Alltrac Blue -- Current Project
CrazyAchmed
Club Member

Postby Lamont » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:59 pm

You can add me Cochranville,PA 19330, I'm pretty close to DE,MD border.

Thanks
Lamont
90 Celica Alltrac (Project Phoenix)
94 Celica GT V6 (Selene)
My project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=33578&start=0
Lamont
Club Member

Postby 97JZA80 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

lumbercis wrote:Ah sorry, I figured out the deal with the editing. You need to be logged into your google account to edit it.....Can someone with a google account log in and verify that my assumption is correct? Let me know if you see the edit button.

I set up an account and was able to add myself, my brother, Lamont and CrazyAchmed. I think thats everyone thats posted, but its not everyone...I will keep an eye on the thread too and add people that respond.
Mike

88 Alltrac-Light Duty
92 Pickup-Hauling Duty
97 Supra-Dust Collection Testing Device
98 GS400-Wifey
07 GX470-Daily
97JZA80
Club Member

Postby siralys » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 am

Added myself to the map, I'm pretty close to LegoDan. Moving this week though near quakertown PA
2003 hyundai santa fe- daily driver
1995 vw passat vr6- modded wagon- sold
1988 celica alltrac- in parts finding mode
siralys
Club Member

Postby gearhead313 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:06 am

aw thanks for the kind works mx
ST165 counter:
#2597 - fail
#3193 - fail
#xxxx - sold
#4598 - sold to Canada eh
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/turbosticker.jpg[/img]
gearhead313
Established Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby lumbercis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:11 am

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help!

Soooo, anyone feel like going in with me and renting a shop? :shock:

But yeah, I'm serious. I've been looking at the craigslist ads and if 5 guys went in together on a small shop (around 1000sq ft is the smallest I've seen), then rent for each person could be kept below $200 a month. That's what people pay for a parking space in DC, and it will pretty much pay for itself with my first engine swap. Plus I would be able to store my car indoors when the weather is nasty.

I'm trying to get some interest on several other forums, as I know we wouldn't have enough people just from the DC/VA/MD crowd here. So if you think it's something you'd be willing to do, let me know. And if any of you happen to be budding business owners, this might be a nice way to start with cheaper rent.

LMK,
:smokes:
Caldina powered...
lumbercis
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorthEast