Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Tri State Area Meet

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

figures ... same thing happened to me man .... poor welds .... :bs:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Out of town weekend of 4/2, Dega weekend is 16th. What about weekend of 9th? I got a few pending issues but could in theory be ready...maybe...Willie, I need to pay you a visit soon, I'll be in touch.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 pm

88gt4DE wrote:figures ... same thing happened to me man .... poor welds .... :bs:

I guess your also out of $200 big ones huh!?? :bangshead: :bangshead:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 pm

celi_wabbit wrote:
88gt4DE wrote:figures ... same thing happened to me man .... poor welds .... :bs:

I guess your also out of $200 big ones huh!?? :bangshead: :bangshead:

mine hasnt been back out .. I've just been watching it .. gonna try this bondo stuff ....

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm

just pull it and get it re-welded

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Mafix wrote:just pull it and get it re-welded

eventually willie , or ill just get another one to have a back up ready to go ...

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:38 am

88gt4DE wrote:
Mafix wrote:just pull it and get it re-welded

eventually willie , or ill just get another one to have a back up ready to go ...

Your right! but, do I really want to spend more money on this crappy Chinese made stuff. I can get it welded and patched, but who's to say it's not going to spring a leak again on another spot, knowing it's a piece of s^*#t. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 am

There are multiple sellers on these radiators. Personally I have been trying to stay away from anything being sold in Hong Kong after my PS3 parts disasters. We have a new local welder that we are currently using to do the rear strut welding for us ... he says he can weld aluminum and all ... So I'm not sure what direction I'll go in yet but I'm not downing the car for it ... was fine last summer and I dont drive it far or much so .... eventually I'll RE-visit that :doh:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

could just break the bank on a koyo like i did.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm

LegacyofDan wrote:
WarTowels wrote:There should be a New England forum, cause this North East thing is bs. :pissed:

Soooooo far away.

-Towels

i understand man, so where would be a good median for you and adam and rest of the MA guys to meet us PA, MD, DE guys?

easy answer: New Yawk Citay!!! :P Of course, don't bring your car here cos you'll ruin your suspension... :shoots:

i haven't been on the boards much lately, but i'm up for a meet soon as well :) i have a school reunion on the weekend of the 16th, otherwise i should be good... 50% chance i can come in the alltrac-- if the alternator/battery/starting thing doesn't haunt me! keep me in the loop, dan~

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

mike325ci wrote:
LegacyofDan wrote:
WarTowels wrote:There should be a New England forum, cause this North East thing is bs. :pissed:

Soooooo far away.

-Towels

i understand man, so where would be a good median for you and adam and rest of the MA guys to meet us PA, MD, DE guys?

easy answer: New Yawk Citay!!! :P Of course, don't bring your car here cos you'll ruin your suspension... :shoots:

i haven't been on the boards much lately, but i'm up for a meet soon as well :) i have a school reunion on the weekend of the 16th, otherwise i should be good... 50% chance i can come in the alltrac-- if the alternator/battery/starting thing doesn't haunt me! keep me in the loop, dan~

Yeah , we bring out cars to New York City we might as well hand the keys to someone when we get there .... :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 am

will do Mike :)

New York City would be an awesome idea, but i am not driving any cars into that city...haha

I would be up for a meet in New York, Plus it would be a great median between everyone, be it the Maine guys, New Hampshire, Maryland and Delware guys....I think you stumbled across a neat idea.

Though the NYC would be a lil bold of an idea.

but something middle state like outside of Albany or something would be nice, some real nice scenery out there.

what do other people think?

by the way...March 11th i am driving through north pa, all through new york, ending in Vermont.

if anyone is on the way it would be great to meet up, going to be taking the thruway.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:41 pm

doesn't necessarily have to be in the city. but near it may work well. i'm doing the finish tune this weekend. so i'll be mostly ready. after i mod the roof on the car...again.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Same here on preperation ... alot going in sat to make it road worthy :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm

alright sounds good. i will make direct contact to a number of people, inquire and spike interest in such.

also remember this one will be more of a meet-and-greet, so if a celica/alltrac can not make it, drive in your DD :P
Post a reply