Tri-State Gigantic Sonic Meet May 1st (Make-a-Wish Fund)

scuba

88gt4DE":1rxs8na1 said:
celi_wabbit : slam a little toyota sealer on that pinhole ... you said near cap ? so its on the plastic part im guessing ... :shoots:

Dan : Mike ( 97jza80 ) just bought an alum radiator too ... we will see how his works out ... US seller though unlike mine ... and better price 8)

As for the radiator, you might have to suck it up and either get a new one, add some stop leak, or drain it and apply some apoxy. If you are talking about the toyota sealer (F.I.P.G), then I would not recommend it because to seal the radiator you need something that can handle pressure; after all the radiator keeps things cool because it keeps the system under pressure. Toyota sealer, would simply act as a balloon and blow up when pressure builds. One more option would be if you can reach the hole from the mouth of the radiator, would be to drain it a bit, and then use jb weld for plastic and set it up from the inside; that way the more the pressure builds, the tighter the seal will get.

LegacyofDan

Yeah i agree and disagree with scuba steve...i too do not think that sealer stuff(if i know what you are talking about) will withstand the pressure.

but i would avoid the "stop leak" flush things like a chick with the herps. they tend to cause more problems than they solve.

88gt4DE

scuba":rb2dznq9 said:
88gt4DE":rb2dznq9 said:
celi_wabbit : slam a little toyota sealer on that pinhole ... you said near cap ? so its on the plastic part im guessing ... :shoots:

Dan : Mike ( 97jza80 ) just bought an alum radiator too ... we will see how his works out ... US seller though unlike mine ... and better price 8)

As for the radiator, you might have to suck it up and either get a new one, add some stop leak, or drain it and apply some apoxy. If you are talking about the toyota sealer (F.I.P.G), then I would not recommend it because to seal the radiator you need something that can handle pressure; after all the radiator keeps things cool because it keeps the system under pressure. Toyota sealer, would simply act as a balloon and blow up when pressure builds. One more option would be if you can reach the hole from the mouth of the radiator, would be to drain it a bit, and then use jb weld for plastic and set it up from the inside; that way the more the pressure builds, the tighter the seal will get.

Good temp repair for a pinhole , actually we use toyota sealer at the shop here specifically for cooling system and oil sealing parts. yes will balloon if you slam it on and dont let dry for an hour or two , but sets very quick and is a good temp repair for a pin hole ... I have some on the corner of mine now thanks to a poor weld and its holding good

I'm talking about the F.I.P.G toyota crap Dan ... good stuff man ... we use it to fix even non automotive crap ...

LegacyofDan

88gt4DE":3o5kgok7 said:
scuba":3o5kgok7 said:
88gt4DE":3o5kgok7 said:

Good temp repair for a pinhole , actually we use toyota sealer at the shop here specifically for cooling system and oil sealing parts. yes will balloon if you slam it on and dont let dry for an hour or two , but sets very quick and is a good temp repair for a pin hole ... I have some on the corner of mine now thanks to a poor weld and its holding good

I'm talking about the F.I.P.G toyota crap Dan ... good stuff man ... we use it to fix even non automotive crap ...

hmmm i may be thinking of something else then...

celi_wabbit

LegacyofDan":2fybpw32 said:
I did...it has been on the front page this whole entire time :p

but i will re-post it on this recent update for ya :)

Oops! my bad.... didn't see that.

88gt4DE":2fybpw32 said:

Yeah, it's the plastic side.

US seller huh? but is it US made? and what size is it anyway, I'm not into 56mm I had one and I think it's just too big. I mean, it will fit fine but cramp.

88gt4DE

celi_wabbit":218qss4l said:
LegacyofDan":218qss4l said:
I did...it has been on the front page this whole entire time :p

but i will re-post it on this recent update for ya :)

Oops! my bad.... didn't see that.

88gt4DE":218qss4l said:

Yeah, it's the plastic side.

US seller huh? but is it US made? and what size is it anyway, I'm not into 56mm I had one and I think it's just too big. I mean, it will fit fine but cramp.

I'm sure brother can chime in here when he reads but his is a 165 .. not sure if that guy has 185 stuff ...

scuba

88gt4DE":ijfs4poy said:
scuba":ijfs4poy said:
88gt4DE":ijfs4poy said:

I agree, if it is just a pin hole and the FIPG has had time to set, it would hold up nicely. Speaking of the non-automotive uses, the instructors and I down at CAT (central atlantic toyota) were talking about the many uses of FIPG during class one day. Chris P said, that if he had time, he could think of atleast 101 uses for FIPG.

Ah well, whatever you decide to do dude, I wish you the best of luck with the repair/replacement.

88gt4DE

Scuba : I love going to CAT , its a day away from hell :rofl: ... obviously you work at a dealer .. tech ? writer ?

celi_wabbit

At the moment, I decided to use the epoxy (since I already have it) for the reason that I do not have the FIPG at the moment and I don't know how long it's going to take if I do order it. I really wish there are more available parts for our cars.

88gt4DE

celi_wabbit":x2o22uoz said:
At the moment, I decided to use the epoxy (since I already have it) for the reason that I do not have the FIPG at the moment and I don't know how long it's going to take if I do order it. I really wish there are more available parts for our cars.

dewd, we stock that stuff ... If you ever need it let me know man ... ill get it up to you :)

LegacyofDan

LegacyofDan":2e77kdgf said:
but i would avoid the "stop leak" flush things like a chick with the herps. they tend to cause more problems than they solve.

esracing":2e77kdgf said:
Dont not use stop leak it bad stuff just try apoxy or new rad.

yep i agree. :)

So you are alive!! So are you coming man?! both you and avi both have yet to get back to me..lol :p

LegacyofDan

Mafix":1kzrxg1g said:
he just got back from his honeymoon.

why in gods name is this thread 5 pages long!!!!

oh snap!
that explains why he kept posting pics of Florida on FB!
I didnt know...lol now i feel bad for busting his balls.

a whole lot of off topic side banter...but everything important can be found on the first post anyway...so there is no need to close it or delete posts.

Lamont

celi_wabbit":z5j2ygob said:
My only question now is...... where is Lamont????? I know your here lurking around, so, show your self. Don't tell me your not coming dude, it's not that far from you. :D :D :D :D

I have been lurking a little :rofl: :rofl: . Phoenix should be good to go for the meet so count me in :wink: . The shop did fix the massive leak, but my steering isn't as smooth as it was before the issues :shrug: , may need further surgery :roll: , but I should be there 8) 8) . You can always call Flor :p :p