ETA on fixing your alltracs: Oct18 pics/vids + plan nxt meet

CMS-GT4

So, we had two alltracs at the meet. Mine didn't really count, since I only drove it to test it and meet people for lunch.

I want to organize an proper alltrac meet. Many of us are working on our cars. Many are close. Some not so much.

Most of the people I am talking to, were wanting to come to the All Toyota meet, but had something come up, orther cars were not done.

I will not be organizing another All Toyota meet. Too much crap to deal with and way too many people to keep up with.

So, if you guys want a meet to happen, work with me and we will get this thing organized. I would like it to be this year.

So, if you want to come post here. Give some ideas and feedback. I would like to do a two day thing. Maybe with running the dragon both saturday and sunday. Then camping up there or something so we can do it sooner. Who knows. kick out your ideas.
I would like to get some good alltrac video up there.
I might even buy a nice camera by then just so I can put together something cool.

I am even up for doing shirts for this, if you guys are interested.
By then our shop will begoing full steam.

So post up if you want to go, plus any ideas you have and if or if not that your alltrac needs to be fixed.
If it needs to be fixed, let figure out how long it might take. I would like to see as many of you guys there as I can.

turbo4wd

When does it start to cool down? In August?

I think June is too early, and I'll be back in CA sometime in July on vacation..

I dunno.. I tried last weekend to get the car running right but I ran into a few issues that'll need to be sorted out..

Gary

I prefer very late summer or fall due to the weather.
I know it's nice there when leafs start turning color.
Also, this summer is not good for me at all.

turbocelica

yea im a big fan of having it end of august or so cause i know for sure my grey one will be done by then haha it should have been done 2 months ago but u know how that goes.

CMS-GT4

August isn't really cool here. Maybe the later part of the Aug. We get late summers, most of the time. Then suddenly it gets cold. Spring and Fall are bad transitions in this area.

MR2 Guru

I'm absolutely siked about another meet. I also agree with CMSGT4 about fall being VERY difficult.
Being just barely west of his area, I know this past fall was not fall at all. One week it was in the 80's and the very next we were shot straight into winter with absolutely 0 transition. We also get a higer chance of snow in these elevations in as early as september/october. Spring is also very unpredictable and often entails severe t-storms daily as the days heat cools down.
I think late August will be the safest/closest date to try to plan something, but that may be too soon for some of us to complete our cars.

91sofla

Late Aug. or early Sept. sounds good.
My alltrac is out for repairs now, but hopefully will be in better shape in a couple of months. Even if it isn't, I could still bring my MR2.

MR2 Guru

I would have no complaints if you brought.... BOTH :)
We're going to try to bring both as well... 88 All-Trac, 91 MR2 Turbo

BLOWNTACO

What about late September? The temps are cool in the morning and quite nice in the afternoons. My trac is gonna get a full work over this summer, so the later the better. I really wanted to go this time, but I have other issues at hand. Keep us infromed, and without a doubt I'll be there. Maybe with some MR2 folks too!

CMS-GT4

I will look into some of the other meets that have gone in around those times and see how they turned out, so I can get a better idea of what to expect.

I hope to get a group of you commited to this meet. Seems like its getting harder and harder to get people together. I figure if we base it around when people's cars are ready, there is less to keep them from coming.

stealthgtfour

late sept early oct is pretty but can be chilly at deals gap in the morning late aug is still pretty warm mid sept no good for me specifically the 16 which is my aniversary

MR2 Guru

Dustin, you better get your car together! I'm crossing my fingers for you this go-round. Please let us know how it goes and dont give up hope! We'll do anything we can to help! 828-776-4878

CMS-GT4

Here is the new rule. Dustin can't drive anyone else's car anymore. So he has to fix his car so he can come to our meets. :evil: :evil: