Its Dead in here!!!

All the way to Sunny FL

Postby Trance4c » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Whats up FL

Actually.. I've done it 3 years in a row, including about 10-15 meets before that.. anyway.. 3 years in a row I've hosted the Sibling Rivalry event, its an all Toyota/Lexus/Scion event, hence the name. The last two years we had a great showing, 3 alltrac 90-93's, 1 alltrac 89, an 2 90 swaps plus or minus 1 per year. The last year though, it was a sad turn out for the older Celica crowd. The 2000+ guys really brought it! Unfortunately, I was the only turbo Celica there.

I keep trying to get people involved, including you Gary, an some others that are local. We have had people come all the way from North Carolina an continually have around 120+ cars show.

Its not the easiest to drum up attention in FL.. even though I've done it so many times (an those that have been around are aware of all the meets I've done in the past 7+ years).

Its fairly frustrating, especially when I see people post that I know are active an there is just no input from them until someone cries that 'its quiet'.

I'm not pointing any figures.. just saying.. there is stuff going on, an people out there very active. Just seems that people are more active in other communities, not to make a shameless plug, but Celicatech has people check an posting much more than here in the alltrac.net FL forum.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Trance4c
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:13 pm

You guys know that the South East involves more than the penis of the nation we call Florida. :P

I tired hosting celica meets up here at the dragon muiltiple times, and its like pulling teeth to get a decent turnout.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Gary » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Well, locating at the tip of the penis of the nation, it was too freaking hot in August.
I'm just playing Clayton. :lol:
Last August, I was somewhere else.
I think it's the fact that 80% of south FL alltracs are not in running condition.
Also, meeting more than 50 miles away is probably out of question for some of these cars.
Usually, if the events at Moroso weren't canceled, we meet there couple times every winter.
Also, small group of us (MR2s, Alltracs, and other Toyota) used to gather at Towers in Davie quite often on Friday nights.
93 ST185
Gary
GTFour God

Toyota Meets

Postby Gino Merlot » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:05 am

Hey,I am up for any type of Toyota meet,last year I went to every meet,from every Forum, in the State of FL. The best meet was the Supra meet out in Tampa,There was tons of Supra's,some Skylines,MR2's,my GT-S Celica,and a GT-Four Celica. I also did enjoy the Celica meet in Orlando back in November too off of NewCelica.org.
I have all the pics on my Myspace page!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=38210577
Gino Merlot
Club Member

Postby Trance4c » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:50 pm

Amusing...
Trance4c
Club Member

Toyota/Nissan/Dyno/Car Meeting in the Works

Postby Gino Merlot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:01 am

Courtesy from NewCelica.org;

Originally Posted by hombredelassrta
that sounds good for a bi monthly thing but this meet should be all of florida so it is bigger and we all get to meet eachother. last time we had guys from all over show up at racerock

I agree with all of you guys,I would want everybody from South
FL,to come up as well,and people from North FL as well. I already see we have people coming out of State as well
I was not trying to split up the meets. Now what I was saying is our Dyno/Car meeting would be on a Saturday. The night before our meeting would be a Friday. Me and all the Orlando guys,and who ever else wants to make it,would go to Orlando Speed World to meet up and Race. After that all of us would go out get some food and drinks.
I was stating that driving all the way to Orlando Speed World from Tampa would be far,because the next day would be our Dyno/Car meet in Orlando.
I am just trying to meet up with everybody I can. The same thing goes for the South FL guys as well. They may want to meet up at Moroso Speedway on Friday night to do there racing down there,and meet there local guys around there area,because Orlando Speed World is very far...
This is sounding better and better,I can't wait to get it finalized...
I am going to get a hold of Areocomp Today,and Titan Motorsports to pitch are idea's

As soon as I hear something,I will let everybody know
Gino Merlot
Club Member

Postby E_Knight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:17 pm

it seems this group is so spread out
Toyota Family Includes but not limited to;
90 GT-Four (not been on the road for a year)
97 4Runner Limited 4wd (Work Mobile)
02 Sequioa Limited 4wd (Family Ride)
E_Knight
Club Member

Previous

Return to SouthEast