S.E - What did you do to your Trac today.

etantshi

Finished bolting up my front calipers.

100_1410.jpg

RafaCalde

drove it to work. thinking of all the shit that i need to do to it. started writing a very long list of parts needed starting with a wheel bearing and hub for the right rear.

GT4_DRED

Drove by the trac in the driveway.. paused.. shook my head, and continued into the garage. :shrug:

Someone please tell me why these short-term alltrac projects always end up being long term ones?

kingcobb

Went to pick my sis up from school, trying to figure out what these stupid squeeking noises are coming from the front left of the car, bearings maybe? and drifted around a bit...had some fun in this -22 degrees shit hole.

GT4_DRED

Well I've been trying to finish the corrado over the past few months. Sold it to a guy over the summer and he wanted a 16v turbo in it - nothing big.. 6 months later and it's ready to be picked up - never again :doh: .. Hopefully now I can focus on the 165, ummm, just remembered the 185 needs to be finished first :shrug: .. pics for clicks

P1010189b.jpg

P1010185b.jpg

P1010186b.jpg

P1010187b.JPG

GT4times2

Ahh, the Rado..That was a fun car (time sure does fly, It's already going on two years). You'll be back in one soon. You know you cant get rid of the Vee-Dubs.... :p

CMS-GT4

I found my gas leak, power washed my gas tank cover to strip the paint and am trying to figure out where I will locate my battery tray.

vip09

Worked more on the 5S block. Drilled the coolant passages and blocked off the oil feed for the balance shafts.

GT4_DRED

etantshi":s9i43qi5 said:
I thought about my AT, that's about all I did to it. It might be time to actually work on it.

I second that.. Temperature has been in the teens and twenties all bloody week.. :shrug:

CMS-GT4

Painted gas tank bits, fixed the fuel line and put it all back together. Now I have a spot of rust to kill then its ready to paint.

Hows everyone else project going?

vip09

My 5S block and 3S head are ready for the machine shop. I just need to order some stroker pistons from ATS and I will be ready to build it.

GT4times2

Since I have not posted in this section, here's a rundown of the latest things I have been doing. Been busy.

ST165
The block is at the machine shop getting cleaned, bored and honed.
Gathering parts for the rebuild.
Suspension pieces got factory bushings pressed off/ Polyurethane pieces going in soon after.
Valve cover getting powdercoated (dark gray)
Misc items getting powdercoated as well (brackets, mounts etc)
Subframe getting prepped for painting.
Devising a dual pump fuel system (two Walbros, Y set up, etc)...

Will be stripping interior soon. (contemplating full stripping of interior, remove oem sound deadning material, paint (sinlge stage urethane), then dynamat some sections. I want to spray it myself. Any suggestions for which paint gun to use? I want to do a good job, and know single stage is somewhat forgiving, and the fact that it's white helps a bit (plus it will be covered in carpet anyways).

I need some opinions on this. I have most interior pieces for a full conversion from blue to black (minus dashboard and a few panels here and there). I had a clean black one, and regret selling it :doh: . Now I must resort to either sourcing a black dashboard from a GTS at the junkyard or dye this one. I already dyed some plastic pieces with SEM dye, and works great. I haven't done the dashboard yet fearing the possibility of keeping or going back to blue, just in case I want the interior to stay blue (weak chance of that happening, but one never knows).
I dont mind the blue interior, but prefer black. Any opinions if I should stick to blue, and save the black pieces for a rainy day (other Alltrac that may need it in the future... :p ) or maybe cover the dash in a different material altogether.

By the way, does anyone have a reputable place that will thermal coat the factory manifold in the Southeast? I thought of Swain Tech coatings in NY, but if anyone has one closer, and does good work, I'd appreciate it.