S.E - What did you do to your Trac today.

GT4_DRED

Well got some more work done Sunday - pressure washed and painted the engine bay..

Before:

100_5128.jpg

100_5127.jpg

After:
P1010004.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010007.JPG

Deleted battery tray:
P1010005.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010006.JPG

The carnage:
P1010001.JPG

MR2 Guru

etantshi":1zv6r8vx said:
Installed my rear calipers.

100_1273.jpg

May I proceed to make passionate love to your wheels??

Those are the identical style (bronze 5-spoke) to what I wish to have on the ST165 *sniffle*

MR2 Guru

GT4_DRED":v9k4owug said:
GT4times2":v9k4owug said:
I still cant believe how fast you got everything done Saturday. On my way to the house, you were just mentioning taking the engine out, by the time I got there it was out and you were on the grill. Tell you what, I'm sending two Alltracs your way. I Hope wifey won't mind. :D

LOL.. yeah I'm not sure what kind of energy I'm running on lately, but I'm getting a lot done. BTW, you can send those alltrac my way as long as you move to GA with them.

I spoke with a friend of mine concerning the actuator on the center diff.. He believes the tranny is from a camry alltrac and it's tied into a "2wd/awd" switch on the camry dash. This enables the switch from 2wd to 4wd when needed and not full-time.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

100_5122b.JPG

If it would help any I have 2 ST185 gearboxes here collecting dust *shrug*; that is if you are concerned about possibly having issues with the transmission/transfer case you currently have.

GT4_DRED

Locofrancais":2ulqs4l5 said:
If it would help any I have 2 ST185 gearboxes here collecting dust *shrug*; that is if you are concerned about possibly having issues with the transmission/transfer case you currently have.

I'm definitely interested and will be in Raleigh Durham next month.. What were you looking to get for one?

MR2 Guru

We're located in Asheville (Western NC) if that helps any. If you are willing to pick one up, I'm sure we can work out a good deal for you to make it worth the drive.

I'll take $275, it is a 1993 (electronic speed sensor) from a 62,XXX km (~40k miles) JDM import. The engine was installed in a half-trac, and the transmission has sat since. I have a 205 gearbox in my Trac, so I do not have a personal need for it.

I am unsure if it is standard, RC, or CS. If it is a RC/CS, you may have something special. Even if it is standard, I imagine it will be measurably better that what you have now.

Is there any way that I can tell upon visual inspection that may help determine which model GT-Four it may be from? Are there special markings of any sort that distinguish the RC/CS from the standard transmission?

GT4_DRED

Haven't had time for much of an update, plus I'm still waiting on some parts to come in. Got the parts in from RMR to do the short runner on the oem runners. The ones I've seen on the stock runners imo sat too high on the runner, so I cut mine rather low. TB flange is for a Q45 tb and should be more than enough. Cut with an angle grinder, but will be decked and blended before welding em up. Anyway, here are some mock-up pics.

P1010085.jpg

P1010072.JPG

P1010073.JPG

P1010079.JPG

P1010074.JPG

P1010075.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010081.JPG

P1010080.JPG

CMS-GT4

Locofrancais":2103j70b said:
etantshi":2103j70b said:
Installed my rear calipers.

100_1273.jpg

May I proceed to make passionate love to your wheels??

Those are the identical style (bronze 5-spoke) to what I wish to have on the ST165 *sniffle*

Is this Harry or Mindy? So I can figure out who to imagine sexin' up those wheels.

etantshi

GT4_DRED":2xpf52qr said:
Haven't had time for much of an update, plus I'm still waiting on some parts to come in. Got the parts in from RMR to do the short runner on the oem runners. The ones I've seen on the stock runners imo sat too high on the runner, so I cut mine rather low. TB flange is for a Q45 tb and should be more than enough. Cut with an angle grinder, but will be decked and blended before welding em up. Anyway, here are some mock-up pics.

P1010085.jpg

P1010072.JPG

P1010073.JPG

P1010079.JPG

P1010074.JPG

P1010075.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010081.JPG

P1010080.JPG

How much did the parts cost from rmr? I'm assuming you're going to be using more than tape to hod it together right? :p

BTW I played around with some m6x1.00 fasteners for my car today.

GT4_DRED

etantshi":2d04cch7 said:
How much did the parts cost from rmr? I'm assuming you're going to be using more than tape to hod it together right? :p

BTW I played around with some m6x1.00 fasteners for my car today.

$133 shipped - IMHO this is an inexpensive solution for those of us wanting to go short runner and it's quality stuff. Even if you spend $100 getting it welded up, you'll still come out on top.

it'll be held together with the good stuff - Honda race tape :D

What's the skinny on the fasteners?

Damn Carl, Mr St. Lou-Weese was right, U dont Play....If all else fails you cant turn the intake into a Racing Mail Box, :D

I ported out the divider on both ends as far as the tool could go & created a knife edge for easy flow, when I did mine. Bolt up thr rail to make sure it clears, looks like you have plenty of room, but you never know. I know you didnt ask for help, but sometimes you need a second eye.

Are you going to keep the runners flush on the plenum side?

Pat

GT4_DRED

alltrac101":2trg43sw said:
Damn Carl, Mr St. Lou-Weese was right, U dont Play....If all else fails you cant turn the intake into a Racing Mail Box, :D

I ported out the divider on both ends as far as the tool could go & created a knife edge for easy flow, when I did mine. Bolt up thr rail to make sure it clears, looks like you have plenty of room, but you never know. I know you didnt ask for help, but sometimes you need a second eye.

Are you going to keep the runners flush on the plenum side?

Pat

Lol.. my kids also said it looked like a mailbox.. I'm just trying to be outside the box while not re-inventing the wheel - So I can always appreciate help/input, especially from those who have already done the R&D..
I thought of keeping the runners flush and actually tracing the outline and drilling the holes patterned after the actual runners - like " 8 ", then use a reverse radius bit to reach into the plenum through holes cut for the runners, and make a better turn into the runners.
The other option is to knife the divider, radius the inner walls and then slip the runner in the plenum - flush with the inside. This would also make for a smooth path into the runners.
I guess my question to you would be - At what point did this become a bottle-neck for you? TIA