S.E - What did you do to your Trac today.

GT4_DRED

Well I purchased an '88 st165 from a buddy in Lawrenceville a few months back. I'll be going to pick it up today or tomorrow morning. It's Pretty clean with no rust and 48K original miles - only drawback being the burgundy interior. Only mods are a st185 tranny and apexi exhaust. Not sure how far I'll go mods wise, but for now she'll get an sds, hx40, 750cc inj, and a 3" turbo back with a different pan (apexi ws). Looking forward to working on her - here are a few picks..

100_4136a.jpg

100_4132a.jpg

100_4185a.jpg

100_4140a.jpg

tissimo

I tried to install my avcr but failed..

for some reason its boosting 17 psi now, and the thorttle reading isn't showing up on the avcr.. boo.. and it started missing in boost now (above 12 psi), so new plugs, and check whats up with this crap tomorrow.. blah..

gt4rcdude

gt4rcdude":4i96qsje said:
Friday found clunking source, loose sway bar link. Upon which I found my diff mount cracked. Removed it today, cleaned out all the old rubber and filled it with urethane. It's like it knows the big meet is coming up.

Removed the above mentioned "repaired" diff mount. FAIL! Installed new gen-u-wine Toyota unit.

GT4times2

Hmm, these pics look familiar....I wonder who might have taken them... :p The Alltrac is looking good. See you up there in a week.

GT4_DRED

Well I finally got the car towed to the house today. I'm going to start with removing the engine harness, turbo/manifold/dp, and begin cleaning up the bay a bit. Sorry for the crappy pics from the cell.

Photo-0031.jpg

Photo-0030.jpg

GT4_DRED

Well, The car would not start so I chked the pump and got no buzz. Sprayed a lil start-fluid in the tb and she fired up and burned it off. Dropped the tank and pulled the pump - dead. Not to mention the car has been parked for a while, so I dumped about 5 galls of fuel out the tank. Walbro 255 pump should be here by Saturday - heck its good just to be able to fondle her.

etantshi

GT4_DRED":nh7tb0fz said:
Well, The car would not start so I chked the pump and got no buzz. Sprayed a lil start-fluid in the tb and she fired up and burned it off. Dropped the tank and pulled the pump - dead. Not to mention the car has been parked for a while, so I dumped about 5 galls of fuel out the tank. Walbro 255 pump should be here by Saturday - heck its good just to be able to fondle her.

You DUMPED 5 gallons of fuel! lol You kidding? That like 20 bucks down the tube. My car sat for 2 1/2 years and I had about that much gas that I promptly put into my 200 after dropping my tank. Can't pass up a 'free' 150 miles. Jacksons are my friend, I try not to let them go when possible. :)

GT4_DRED

etantshi":3gyd1snz said:
GT4_DRED":3gyd1snz said:

You DUMPED 5 gallons of fuel! lol You kidding? That like 20 bucks down the tube. My car sat for 2 1/2 years and I had about that much gas that I promptly put into my 200 after dropping my tank. Can't pass up a 'free' 150 miles. Jacksons are my friend, I try not to let them go when possible. :)

The only thing that syrup was good for is killing ants - if that. I did think about using it in the lawnmower.. lol

GT4_DRED

Got some additional work done after work today. I pulled the engine harness -what a job getting that out. I'll be deleting the wiring to the cruise control, water-intercooler, engine controls, and anything else not needed - a/c stays along with gauge sensors and so on. I'll wire in the sds and extend/tuck the harness once I clean the bay up a bit - as much as can be done with the engine in. I also pulled all the associated water-intercooler parts. Has anyone ever used the heat-exchanger as an oil cooler? just curious. All inputs are welcomed. Sigh! anyway I'm beat...

GT4_DRED

BLOWNTACO":2ywuc80a said:
Its been to frigging hot here(100 degrees) to do much of anything, so again the All-Trac sits..... :|

I feel your pain. I was outside last evening and it was still in the 80s, or felt like it - this was at 8pm no less. I bought a fan from wally world to help keep me cool. Also cleaned out the garage today, so I can finally bring the car in. Funny how parts pile up over the years.

GT4_DRED

Got some more done last night: pulled the a/c hoses/compressor, radiator w/overflow, intake manifold, alternator and acc. brackets. I'm surprised at how much nicer the bay looks with all that stuff off.

Well I've been considering pulling the engine/tranny because the motor and bay is just really dirty. It would make cleaing and tucking the harness a lot easier as well. It would mean pulling it again down the road to put in a built motor - any input on how hard a job it is?

p.s I'll get some pics of the progress posted as well.