Import Faceoff - Montgomery, AL 5/31/09

race4gas

As anyone going to be there? I know i met a couple of you guys at the last one here in Montgomery (vip09 and donteatbugs) I'd like to meet up...just wondering

race4gas

sweet! cant wait hopefully i"ll have my t3/t4 on, maybe fmic and run in the test and tune, but i'll see ya'll there.

donteatbugs

i just do test and tune, i dont like drag enough to compete, i just wanna see what my car will do in a 1/4 mile, it gives a good idea of performance gains and how your car compares to others with similar mods.

CelicaAllTrac92

Wow I didn't know all of you were here in Bama. race4gas where are you located? There used to be a guy in H'ville with a white 185 and a guy in Auburn with a red 185. No idea if they're still around. I may have to make it down there May 31!

vip09

CelicaAllTrac92":3blf0s3o said:
Wow I didn't know all of you were here in Bama. race4gas where are you located? There used to be a guy in H'ville with a white 185 and a guy in Auburn with a red 185. No idea if they're still around. I may have to make it down there May 31!

Come on down man! You should run your car in the test n tune with us.

vip09

OK, I got my car ready. Just needs a little more tuning, but that's no problem.

Who else is going for sure?

race4gas

I'm going for sure, unfortunately i wont have the new turbo on but i will be there with my stock alltrac boostin 12psi

donteatbugs

ill be there pending my new rmr doesnt mess my tune up too much, hahaha. i should be running around 20 psi i guess shooting for low to mid 12s

vip09

race4gas":dyfnxe9i said:
I'm going for sure, unfortunately i wont have the new turbo on but i will be there with my stock alltrac boostin 12psi

LOL I think you should have put the new turbo on! You put up a good fight though!

race4gas

ya it was pretty embarrasing bu its amzing how the track brings out the flaws in you car.

i should have the setup done for sure by the one in november.

still gotta figure out how to launch the car

vip09

race4gas":34vp7d47 said:
ya it was pretty embarrasing bu its amzing how the track brings out the flaws in you car.

i should have the setup done for sure by the one in november.

still gotta figure out how to launch the car

When I didn't have a 2step, I just floored the gas until it bounced off the rev limiter a couple times.. then dropped the clutch. 1.7 to 1.8 60' every time.

What all are you doing to the car before November? What turbo you going with?

race4gas

vip09":2p1ratzm said:
When I didn't have a 2step, I just floored the gas until it bounced off the rev limiter a couple times.. then dropped the clutch. 1.7 to 1.8 60' every time.

What all are you doing to the car before November? What turbo you going with?

ya i was afraid i was gonna break something, since it was my first time actually racing it on the track

but ive got a turbonetics t3/t4 that im gonna put on there, with external wastegate and plannin to run the aem ems. I also plan on puttin a front mount intercooler and would like to go with a different intake manifold to get rid of the tvis system for good. i also need mounts and bushings everywhere cause it felt like the car was gonna fall apart everytime i shifted going down the track :cry:

vip09

CelicaAllTrac92":51902uea said:
Yep I'm the guy that doesn't check the SE forum much and totally forgot about the IFO. :cry: vip and donteatbugs, what did y'all run?

This was both of our fastest runs. I blew my transmission on the next run.

vip09

race4gas":3g3zru78 said:
ya i was afraid i was gonna break something, since it was my first time actually racing it on the track

but ive got a turbonetics t3/t4 that im gonna put on there, with external wastegate and plannin to run the aem ems. I also plan on puttin a front mount intercooler and would like to go with a different intake manifold to get rid of the tvis system for good. i also need mounts and bushings everywhere cause it felt like the car was gonna fall apart everytime i shifted going down the track :cry:

If you are on a budget you can do what I did. I got an eBay FMIC and universal piping kit. Cut the pipes as I needed to make my own FMIC kit. Works SO MUCH better than the top mount barbecue grill. Worth every penny.

I took my TVIS plates out and took out the butterflies and everything. Plugged the holes that were left. I'm also using an intake manifold from a 3S-GE. It's been working great.

Get those bushings from speedsource! I think I've bought everything that they sell for our cars and everything is always amazing.

donteatbugs

i have my old tvis plates that already have the butterflies out and jbweld in the holes if you want them. i have most of the piping from my fmic setup. 1 hot side pipe got hacked up and donated to a scion tc and the 90* reducer. but if your doing a t3/t4 you will want to clock the turbo down anyways and use a 45* reducer and about a 60* pipe. i have the couplers and worm gear clamps for them too. most of the ends are bead rolled as well so no popping off even at 30 psi (air compressor checked). just send me a pm and we will work something out.

+1 for speedsource stuff