Import Faceoff - Montgomery, AL 5/31/09

vip09

CelicaAllTrac92":3u4rdofo said:
vip09":3u4rdofo said:
This was both of our fastest runs. I blew my transmission on the next run.
Damn you blew your trans? What happened? Nice times both of you btw!

Well.. I launched, shifted to 2nd.. then when I shifted to third there was nothing there.. just went straight to the rev limiter. Same for 4th. I don't know exactly what happened yet. I had to limp the car home with only 5th gear. I lost 1st and 2nd when I pulled out onto the highway.

CelicaAllTrac92

Damn.. these trannies are supposed to be bulletproof. Well you can at least do a lot of things much more easily to the engine/trans when you pull them out.

race4gas

donteatbugs":idxxdheo said:
i have my old tvis plates that already have the butterflies out and jbweld in the holes if you want them. i have most of the piping from my fmic setup. 1 hot side pipe got hacked up and donated to a scion tc and the 90* reducer. but if your doing a t3/t4 you will want to clock the turbo down anyways and use a 45* reducer and about a 60* pipe. i have the couplers and worm gear clamps for them too. most of the ends are bead rolled as well so no popping off even at 30 psi (air compressor checked). just send me a pm and we will work something out.

+1 for speedsource stuff

hmmm..well i was planning to use a manifold off the 3sge simply because i hate how the stock tb comes out over the valve cover, but i have some friends here at central performance and theyre gonna hook me up the piping, ive just gotta fork over some money to get the intercooler and stuff

but i think im gonna dust off the old 3sgte sittin in my garage and completely rebuild that to drop in the car