Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 am
by CelicaAllTrac92
Yep I'm the guy that doesn't check the SE forum much and totally forgot about the IFO. :cry: vip and donteatbugs, what did y'all run?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 am
by race4gas
vip09 wrote:When I didn't have a 2step, I just floored the gas until it bounced off the rev limiter a couple times.. then dropped the clutch. 1.7 to 1.8 60' every time.



What all are you doing to the car before November? What turbo you going with?


ya i was afraid i was gonna break something, since it was my first time actually racing it on the track

but ive got a turbonetics t3/t4 that im gonna put on there, with external wastegate and plannin to run the aem ems. I also plan on puttin a front mount intercooler and would like to go with a different intake manifold to get rid of the tvis system for good. i also need mounts and bushings everywhere cause it felt like the car was gonna fall apart everytime i shifted going down the track :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm
by vip09
CelicaAllTrac92 wrote:Yep I'm the guy that doesn't check the SE forum much and totally forgot about the IFO. :cry: vip and donteatbugs, what did y'all run?



This was both of our fastest runs. I blew my transmission on the next run.


Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:04 pm
by vip09
race4gas wrote:ya i was afraid i was gonna break something, since it was my first time actually racing it on the track

but ive got a turbonetics t3/t4 that im gonna put on there, with external wastegate and plannin to run the aem ems. I also plan on puttin a front mount intercooler and would like to go with a different intake manifold to get rid of the tvis system for good. i also need mounts and bushings everywhere cause it felt like the car was gonna fall apart everytime i shifted going down the track :cry:


If you are on a budget you can do what I did. I got an eBay FMIC and universal piping kit. Cut the pipes as I needed to make my own FMIC kit. Works SO MUCH better than the top mount barbecue grill. Worth every penny.

I took my TVIS plates out and took out the butterflies and everything. Plugged the holes that were left. I'm also using an intake manifold from a 3S-GE. It's been working great.

Get those bushings from speedsource! I think I've bought everything that they sell for our cars and everything is always amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm
by donteatbugs
i have my old tvis plates that already have the butterflies out and jbweld in the holes if you want them. i have most of the piping from my fmic setup. 1 hot side pipe got hacked up and donated to a scion tc and the 90* reducer. but if your doing a t3/t4 you will want to clock the turbo down anyways and use a 45* reducer and about a 60* pipe. i have the couplers and worm gear clamps for them too. most of the ends are bead rolled as well so no popping off even at 30 psi (air compressor checked). just send me a pm and we will work something out.


+1 for speedsource stuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:37 pm
by CelicaAllTrac92
vip09 wrote:This was both of our fastest runs. I blew my transmission on the next run.

Damn you blew your trans? What happened? Nice times both of you btw!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:10 pm
by vip09
CelicaAllTrac92 wrote:
vip09 wrote:This was both of our fastest runs. I blew my transmission on the next run.

Damn you blew your trans? What happened? Nice times both of you btw!



Well.. I launched, shifted to 2nd.. then when I shifted to third there was nothing there.. just went straight to the rev limiter. Same for 4th. I don't know exactly what happened yet. I had to limp the car home with only 5th gear. I lost 1st and 2nd when I pulled out onto the highway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 pm
by CelicaAllTrac92
Damn.. these trannies are supposed to be bulletproof. Well you can at least do a lot of things much more easily to the engine/trans when you pull them out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 pm
by race4gas
donteatbugs wrote:i have my old tvis plates that already have the butterflies out and jbweld in the holes if you want them. i have most of the piping from my fmic setup. 1 hot side pipe got hacked up and donated to a scion tc and the 90* reducer. but if your doing a t3/t4 you will want to clock the turbo down anyways and use a 45* reducer and about a 60* pipe. i have the couplers and worm gear clamps for them too. most of the ends are bead rolled as well so no popping off even at 30 psi (air compressor checked). just send me a pm and we will work something out.


+1 for speedsource stuff


hmmm..well i was planning to use a manifold off the 3sge simply because i hate how the stock tb comes out over the valve cover, but i have some friends here at central performance and theyre gonna hook me up the piping, ive just gotta fork over some money to get the intercooler and stuff

but i think im gonna dust off the old 3sgte sittin in my garage and completely rebuild that to drop in the car