4-29-06 Toyota meet in Addison (DFW area)

The heartland

4-29-06 Toyota meet in Addison (DFW area)

Postby nbvolks » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 am

Hello, I'm helping to organize a Toyota meet in Addison saturday the 29th of April starting at 6pm, in Addison, next to Addison Circle park (specific directions are below). As any of you familiar with that area know, there are plenty of places to eat around there, but the main place to grab some food from nearest to the meet is Pastazio's Pizza ( http://www.addisontexas.net/where_to_eat/restaurants/pastazios.asp ). You can grab a slice, or some pasta there, and eat it there, or bring it back over to the park (and they do serve beer and wine). There is also a Hooter's straight down Quorum about two blocks if you prefer that.

Toyota of Richardson has been kind enough to donate some things to be given away, such as TRD stickers, and some nice metal TRD license plate frames, which will be distributed via a raffle, or to the winners of a show competition (which method we'll use will be determined shortly).

The weather should be great, with only scattered thunderstorms possible at this point, but weather forecasts change hour to hour, so it will probably be different by then.

When you arrive you will be shown where to park, and will be grouped with other Celicas, just as MR2s will be grouped together, etc.

Map of the area...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=Festival%20Way%20%26%20Quorum%20Dr&city=Addison&state=TX&zipcode=75001&country=US&title=%3cb%3eFestival%20Way%20%26amp%3b%20Quorum%20Dr%3c%2fb%3e%3cbr%20%2f%3e%20Addison%2c%20TX%2075001%2c%20%20US&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

The cars will be parked on Festival Way.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you are interested in coming, please let me know, so I know roughly how many spaces to set aside for AllTracs (and Celicas in general).
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
nbvolks
Club Member

Postby Fraggle » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:24 pm

its very possible i may be there
92 alltrac. 3" exhaust, intake, hks ssq bov, mbc @ 11 psi, TRD 3 puck clutch and XTD lightweight flywheel.

::::Vroooooom PSSssshhhh rattle rattle clunk clunk snap::::
Fraggle
Club Member

Postby nbvolks » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Fraggle wrote:its very possible i may be there

Sweet. I'm actually a big fan of AllTracs, especially ST185 models, so excuse me if you show up and I'm the guy looking over your car quite a bit. :)

-Nathan
nbvolks
Club Member

Postby Griffin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:27 am

Bah can't go - gonna be out of town for a wedding. Sounds like fun though.

Make sure and post this on www.newcelica.org in teh southwest forum
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
Griffin
Established Member

Postby nbvolks » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:15 pm

Griffin wrote:Bah can't go - gonna be out of town for a wedding. Sounds like fun though.

Make sure and post this on www.newcelica.org in teh southwest forum

Yep, I did do that. It was one of the first places I posted about it.

Too bad you can't be there, look like you have a nice AllTrac there.

-Nathan
nbvolks
Club Member

Postby nbvolks » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:00 am

Tomorrow is the big day! The weather should be fantastic. It's supposed to be sunny and 76 degrees out by that point. So if you were worried that todays weather might effect tomorrow, don't worry, it won't. The rain is supposed to stop early tomorrow morning, which leaves plenty of time to clean up your Toyotas and show'em off.

-Nathan
nbvolks
Club Member

Postby d1alltrac » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:15 am

f***!!!! i have to work....if any members here are going let me know ASAP and i will try to ditch work. this is not far from me at all and work isnt worth missing meeting alltrac guys :P
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby nbvolks » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:49 pm

d1alltrac wrote:f***!!!! i have to work....if any members here are going let me know ASAP and i will try to ditch work. this is not far from me at all and work isnt worth missing meeting alltrac guys :P

You should come anyway. ;) Some non-AllTrac people have a real interest in them anyway, such as myself. Plus, they're definitely one of the rarer breeds in the Toyota family.

-Nathan
nbvolks
Club Member

Postby d1alltrac » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 pm

nbvolks wrote:
d1alltrac wrote:f***!!!! i have to work....if any members here are going let me know ASAP and i will try to ditch work. this is not far from me at all and work isnt worth missing meeting alltrac guys :P

You should come anyway. ;) Some non-AllTrac people have a real interest in them anyway, such as myself. Plus, they're definitely one of the rarer breeds in the Toyota family.

-Nathan

i tried, my supervisor said he needs me here today so yeah. next time i guess.
Patrick R.

88 ST165 x2
92 MR2 turbo
02 330i
d1alltrac
Established Member

Postby justjoe » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:17 pm

So how was it?? How many showed up? any more All-Tracs???
I am sorry that I wasn't able to show up.. too many things happening this weekend.. including me working over the weekend. =(
justjoe
89 AW11 MR2 Hardtop SC Swap <-- w00t!
90 ST185 Celica All-Trac
99 Camry Grocery getter..
justjoe
Club Member

Return to Midwest/Tx