OK TX AR KS MO CO area meet !!!!

Denver_whiteST185

If we could get a good weekend before college starts back up and have a Huge saturday meet and drive, that way people can travel a day out there (FRI), have fun one day (SAT), and travel back (SUN) and so that people like me that work too much don't have to take off too much time....

I would personally vote CO, but if we could find a spot near a lower elevation quarter mile drag strip and an AWD dyno, just so we could have a dyno/drag day for those of us that want to flex our muscles......

d1alltrac

i definately want to come but i will have to wait till closer to that time to know for sure whether or not i can....im working on a reasonably sized purchase and im gonna be broke for a good while

okc_celica

funny you say that... I'm lookng at the new sony sxrd 50" tv... oh well, for the 3000 it takes to buy the tv, thats some tein's - edfc - whiteline rear swaybar - bushing kits - etc...

the-jr-man

i would say Kansas City cause thay have a awd dyno and a 1/4 mile track im not sure how close thay r 2 each other i have never been 2 eather one of them but its a idea

darthripley

hiya highway...good to see another 185 around the DFW area :D
maybe we could have a mini DFW meet before this bigger one in october?
is your 165 up & running D1?

as long as it isn't too far away from Dallas, my husband joe & i can make it on saturday only b/c joe has to work on sundays. somewhere that had an AWD dyno would be cool, i would love to get a baseline reading before we really do anything performance-wise.

justjoe

Heck yeah.. Mini Meet in Dallas!! All-Tracs unite! :D

And D1, What is going on? What cha getting? huh huh huh???

d1alltrac

justjoe":1l9e1q9p said:
Heck yeah.. Mini Meet in Dallas!! All-Tracs unite! :D

And D1, What is going on? What cha getting? huh huh huh???

you'll just have to wait until the end of this month to see :wink: , ill be down for a mini-meet any time starting at the beginning of august....i should be able to get my alltrac out there by then :p

*edit* oh and as far as the AWD dyno thing goes, the only one i know of in the area is at alamo autosports in arlington. anyone know of any others?

darthripley

i wish we could make it up to the kansas meet with our alltrac but its all taken apart for maintenance right now.
we're doing the valve cover gaskets, cleaning up all the oil that leaked everywhere, dizzy cap & rotor, EGR block-off plates & anything else relatively easy to get to.
then comes coolant flush, oil change, clutch fluid is disgusting, and at the end of the month getting a CT26 from a friend that doesn't leak oil like ours.
then we got the HFH & HFHOE to do when the turbo is off too --- wee!

so, we're kinda broke due to all the maintenance parts lol :twisted:

Dallas is about 1.5-2 hours south of OKC so it isn't that much farther :)

please be sure to post plenty of pics from the meet autoholic, especially the alltracs that make it out 8)

d1alltrac

yeah im pretty broke right now too....after i bought the red alltrac i found out i need to pay close to $3k to get my DD registered cause we never paid taxes on it :cry:

so its gonna be at least a few weeks before i will be able to make it to any meets cause the white alltrac still needs some work, and now that i have to start saving to pay taxes on the 330 its gonna cut into my alltrac money.....damn it

toayoztan

Hey guys, I feel Dallas should be a good place to meet too. It's close for me too. I don't mind meeting up in kansas or okc though. Anywhere else is too far for me, with school and all :(

In any case, when in October? Any weekend is personally good for me. Though the 6-8 is probably best, if i did have to choose.

Let's get a concrete date/time/place going so we can all schedule ahead with plenty of time to make plans!

Bryan

d1alltrac

Well I cant complain about meeting in dallas...lol....and Oct. 6-8 would be good for me too, just checked and thats my weekend off 8) The meet doesn't have to be in Dallas though, anywhere within a few hours driving distance should work for me.

Now I just hope I can get all the parts I need for the white alltrac by then and I should be good.

darthripley

i'm with d1alltrac, no complaints about a meet in dallas from me either :D
we don't mind driving a few hours either, just nothing too terribly far.

we just got a big chunk of maintenance completed the other nite, waiting on some parts to get here & hopefully we will have a non-leaking turbo by october too.

toayoztan

Alright, so October 6th-8th weekend for sure then? That's the same time as OU-TX weekend too lol, but I won't be attending it this year (we sucked last year with Bomar, and we're going to suck more now without him haha).

I need to know so my girlfriend can request off work, as she'll be going with me to this meet.

"where" isn't too much of a problem, as long as it's within the vicinity of Dallas/FTW area. So, any further than fortworth, i'm not so sure. But it's doable, but dallas seems good. Besides, like G-Zone said, there's a dyno we can use. We just need to establish this as the date for the meet!

By the way, let's start making a list....who's all going to this besides me?

So far i see as potential is:

Bryan (toayoztan, me)
Will (okc_celica)
Patrick (d1alltrac)
Highway
Keri (darthripley)
Joe (justjoe)
Chris (G-Zone)
Fraggle
TheAutoholic
Dan (gripaddict)
Chris (maroon_185)
the-jr-man

bolded - For sure!
italicized - Hopefully!

The last three are from kansas, so i'm not sure about their word. And sorry that I put down your screen names rather than your real names. i'm bad when it comes to names :D So i'll have to learn them for the meet!

In any case, if we even get half of that group to go, we should have a decent meet. So who's in for sure? Just reply and i can BOLD those that will be going and add whoever is on this "potential" list.

Bryan