DYNO TIME! Performance Autowerks

The heartland

Postby jonstew » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:50 am

killer_siller wrote:NEW DYNO TIME!!!!

Monday, 27NOV06 at 0900!

Mine is on the 29th, looks like Carl will be doing a lot of running to dyno's next week.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
~John Stewart
Indianapolis, IN.
'93 ST185
'88 ST162 (this car will run again....I think)
'02 Tacoma
'03 IS300 SportDesign
'02 Mercedes-Benz C320 Wagon (ole unreliable)
jonstew
Club Member

Postby killer_siller » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:24 pm

i'm having to bring the trailer back that same night so that carl can throw your 185 on it.

btw - i saw rob tuesday when he brought your RC bumper in. DAMN nice bumper. i'm definately going to be talking to him when i get enough money together to do the body on my st165.
killer_siller
Club Member

Postby 88st165 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:26 pm

is it still at performance autowerks?
Red st165 - Garage Queen turned wannabe track rat
White st165 - slapping back together and hoping for the best
Black st165 - gone
2011 FA5 - Family Truckster
88st165
Established Member

Postby killer_siller » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:59 pm

yep!
killer_siller
Club Member

Postby jonstew » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:51 pm

killer_siller wrote:i'm having to bring the trailer back that same night so that carl can throw your 185 on it.

btw - i saw rob tuesday when he brought your RC bumper in. DAMN nice bumper. i'm definately going to be talking to him when i get enough money together to do the body on my st165.

carl wants to take mine to Chicago on the 28th to get an early start on the 29th...hopefully she lays down some nice numbers, depending on my job situation I "may" not be able to be there for it :(

Did Rob so you the parts he painted for the red car? Those look great too. If you do end up restoring the 165 there is no better man than Rob to have to it.
~John Stewart
Indianapolis, IN.
'93 ST185
'02 Tacoma
'03 IS300 SportDesign
jonstew
Club Member

Postby killer_siller » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:40 pm

i explained to him my intentions for the car (time attack) and he talked about the things he could do to stiffen up the chassis (like rebuilding the rocker panels). he was definately a cool guy. very humble.

i was surprised that the first thing he said when he saw the car was a compliment (he said the wheels looked good). i'm not used to people complimenting my car. it's normally, "is that your 165? i've heard ALL about that car" from people visiting the shop and hearing all kinds of nightmarish things about mice and rust from grant or "a celica what?" from people back home.

either way, she goes to the dyno on monday!

though, performance autowerks is changing their tune. before i had it scheduled they said that it was going to be a certain way, now they are saying that they're going to bill it differently, and aren't making any guarantees that they can get it going right. they told me that i told them that i had base maps that were remotely close to correct, which they aren't, and that i was going to be driving it up, which i can't. if anything i'll be making a step in the proper direction. get it closer to running.

you'll know whichever way it goes.

you'll either see the happiest man in the world, or alot of dead people, because i'm done dealing with this thing. it either goes, or it's done.
killer_siller
Club Member

Postby jonstew » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:21 am

killer_siller wrote:i explained to him my intentions for the car (time attack) and he talked about the things he could do to stiffen up the chassis (like rebuilding the rocker panels). he was definately a cool guy. very humble.

i was surprised that the first thing he said when he saw the car was a compliment (he said the wheels looked good). i'm not used to people complimenting my car. it's normally, "is that your 165? i've heard ALL about that car" from people visiting the shop and hearing all kinds of nightmarish things about mice and rust from grant or "a celica what?" from people back home.

Rob can do a good job forming sheet metal and the paint will look fantastic.

I feel ya on no one knowing what an All-Trac is...I get it too....a lot!

killer_siller wrote:though, performance autowerks is changing their tune. before i had it scheduled they said that it was going to be a certain way, now they are saying that they're going to bill it differently, and aren't making any guarantees that they can get it going right. they told me that i told them that i had base maps that were remotely close to correct, which they aren't, and that i was going to be driving it up, which i can't. if anything i'll be making a step in the proper direction. get it closer to running.

you'll know whichever way it goes.

you'll either see the happiest man in the world, or alot of dead people, because i'm done dealing with this thing. it either goes, or it's done.

Three letters.... AEM, you will likely spend as much getting that Megasquirt tuned as what you saved over buying it instead of the AEM. Just my 2 cents and since I am running into problems getting my Autronic tuned I feel I can say that (I want an AEM too but my harness is too hacked up). Let us know how the GT28 kits works out too....I'm sure even though the downpipe does not have mandrel bent tubing or braided lines with AN fittings it will be great.
~John Stewart
Indianapolis, IN.
'93 ST185
'02 Tacoma
'03 IS300 SportDesign
jonstew
Club Member

Postby 88st165 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:22 pm

results?
Black st165 - gone
88st165
Established Member

Postby killer_siller » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:44 pm

busted rear diff.

yeah
killer_siller
Club Member

Postby 88st165 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:47 am

damn what the hell happened?

what about jon and his 185?
Black st165 - gone
88st165
Established Member

Postby killer_siller » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 pm

no clue. we'll find out sometime later this week.
killer_siller
Club Member

Postby jonstew » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:42 pm

88st165 wrote:what about jon and his 185?

We went to AMS on Wed. and ended up with a bit of a bad start. My crispy critter wiring harness plagued us from getting any tuning done as there was nothing happening in cyliner #1. So now we are going to try again....the beauty of built cars!
~John Stewart
Indianapolis, IN.
'93 ST185
'02 Tacoma
'03 IS300 SportDesign
jonstew
Club Member

Previous

Return to Midwest/Tx