DFW Meet?

grip addict

i'm going to be down there sat jan 13th to pick up my car from ats. meet up somewhere? i'm assuming dfw is dallas ft worth.

darthripley

yeah, dfw is dallas/ft.worth.

James did you get satan up & running?

we're in the north dallas/addison area not too far from denton...joe & i will have to think of a good place to meet up :)

Hotrodhendrix

She is almost ready to go. Got kinda behind during the holidays. My guess is about 2 days worth of work and she will be ready! Hopefully Satan and I can do Jan 13th if everything goes as planned.

Only problem is she wont be registerd or inspected yet.... :cry:

Hotrodhendrix

Just got a call from a new local st185 owner! He noticed I was selling my old 3sgte on craigslist. Hes living near Plano and just moved down from new york. He told me his name but I cant remember what it was.. lol

Anyways he said he was on this site. Its always great to get a new member here in DFW! Hes coming by later to look at my car and all the extra parts and stuff I have so I will see if hes up for a meet as well.

darthripley

wow! awesome another alltrac in the area!!! :D

find out what year & color etc etc he has & yes PLEASE ask him if he can meet up with us --- the most alltracs we've ever had together in dallas has been 2 which is us & Bryan.

Hotrodhendrix

This is coming up alot sooner than I was figuring on but I maybe able to get satan running by then. I have a friend on the 3si.org (3000gt website) that will be helping me finish up all the loose ends and get her up and going!

She wont look like much untill you open the hood. :smokes:
Havnt touched anything but the engine bay.

grip addict

hm, maybe. i don't think i'll be able to give an accurate eta. i just know it'll be sometime before noon. when i get there i'm going to want some time to talk to the guys at the shop, make sure everything's kosher, go for a drive, etc. then probably get some lunch at what a burger. how far away are you guys from ats?

Hotrodhendrix

Same about an hour.

I have about 1 full day left of work on satan then I should be able to do the first trun over. I still have to wait on a few parts from toyota which seems to take forever.

Anyone know how to clock a td06? Or a link to a how to? I need to clock it down for the front mount but I have never done anything like that before. Other wise I would have to drive with the top mount and the CS hood.. Not good.. :doh:

darthripley

if you have to drive with a top mount, skip the RC hood unless you wanna fry the motor.

i think you need a bracket to clock the turbo - try searching & you should come up with several threads about it, even if they are about a ct26, it should give you some idea.

grip addict

not necessarily. if you have an internal wastegate then you'll have to clock, but most of the newer kits come with external tials. all you have to do is grab some snap ring pliers, or maybe even needle nose if you are desperate, and release the tension of the snap ring on the compressor housing long enough to swing the housing down. after you have it in the desired place, be sure you leave the ring clips someplace where you can easily access them with the turbo on the car. make sure everything is snug, and you're done!

Hotrodhendrix

Well its looking kinda bad... Not sure if im gonna make it or not. I still have to have that bracket made up, mount the FMIC, Custom make some intercooler tube thingies, Rebuild the slave clutch with the speed source extension, install radiator, a few more lines, front suspension, place the temporary tires and wheels.... It wont be inspected or registerd..

One thing is for sure... If she does make it... She wont be looking her best. Just the engine bay.

grip addict

any of you guys know where there are some vintage stocks in the area? if you guys are serious about meeting up maybe we should just swap phone numbers, it'll be alot easier to figure out what's going on then, as i really don't know what's going on sat. there is a chance that my car won't even be done, it should be but there is a possibility it won't be...

darthripley

so were you planning on meeting up on sunday the 13th, b/c saturday is the 12th i think ... i really gotta get a new calendar hah.

we can meet up for a little bit on sunday, anytime between 12pm-3pm ... gonna be watching the Cowboys game at 3:30.

gripaddict, if you would wanna stop on by our house you could see the MR2 also - we can chat more about it later tommorrow like on AIM or something.

and vintage stocks?? i'm really tired - been working day & nite on the MR2 & can't figure out what you are getting at :shrug: :twisted:

Hotrodhendrix

Im also not sure what your asking?

Its official. Satan wont be ready. :(
Between getting sick and old friends coming into town I ran out of time.
Im still willing to meet up but it will have to be in the 3kgt.

grip addict

okay, so sat is the 12th 8)
i'll be in town most of that day, that night we're headed back to toyota azn's house in okc. i think we can drop by if all else fails. one of the guys coming with me is really into action figurines, he'd dig your star wars collection.