Switch to full style
The heartland
Post a reply

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Friday night is good for me! VR4 may or may not be there. We ran into a small issue with my custom headlights were building for it. Plus I will have to get some insurance on it first which cost that green stuff I dont have lol. At least the DD audi is still AWD TT. :)

Shes running 9psi at the moment which is the spring rate for the 13T turbos I have on it. Now that I add up the numbers those are a bit high that I told you. 350-360 is more likely. After break in period I est her to hit just under 500 bhp after a good tune. Sounds like alot but it takes alot to push around that kind of weight (3760). :twisted:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:07 pm

ahh well 350-360 is still nothing to sneeze at lol
once you get her 100% going & all we'll have to meet up & have a little fun w/R2 ... no way Vadar will stand a chance he's too slow & heavy :cry:

R2 could be making more than 175 @ the crank but i don't like to throw out high numbers when i don't know.
we're gonna have to rebuild his transmission soon tho ... 2nd & 3rd gear synchros are starting to go :(

i didn't know you had an Audi - those are nice. we drove a new one recently & i liked it a lot.
can the Audi still have some fun w/R2? :D

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 pm

James, is it an S4?

I had an A4 for about 6 yrs, got 160k out of it til, it finally bit the dust. Had the TB snap at 100k, 2 turbos, power windows broke and slid down, started dropping coolant, ate 3 turbos, 1 tranny...but I still love the styling of the Audis.... especially all the S models.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm

LOL wish I could say it is an audi A8 or something like that. But no I got it just before I got laid off as a nice DD that had a bit of balls. Its an 01 Audi A6 2.7 Quattro biturbo. Its something like 250 bhp/300 torque but its got a really nice torque band so it picks up and goes nicely. I have taken mustangs, N/A 3000gt's and almost took an LS1 Camaro. I love it. Great quality, fun to drive, look decent, AWD, TT, TONS of options etc. Lets just put it this way.. When I raced the Camaro I had my sunroof open, 3 other people in the car and heated seats on. :P

I dont think I can go back to DD a sports car after this lol.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Doesnt look like im gonna be able to make it friday. I have a graduation to go to at 7 somewhere near Dallas.

When you leaving Towels?

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:07 pm

I leave Sunday at 1:00.

Today is all bogged down, tomorrow I have a wedding reception, Saturdays the wedding- but I guess I'd be done early afternoon...?

-Greg

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 pm

^ saturday or sunday afternoon?

joe has to work sundays now so that's out for us.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Saturday night is good for me.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 pm

i don't know if we can do saturday nite or not - i'm thinking no unfortunately.
we've got to go to my parent's place - my mom's birthday is today & we can't make it over there till saturday.

sorry guys :(

we'll see you next weekend though James @ the meet in Austin :D

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 am

Saturday night would be my best bet.

-Greg

Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:45 am

WarTowels wrote:Saturday night would be my best bet.

-Greg

Fing VR4 is still acting up so I will be in the audi. Do you wanna meet up somewhere? Or if you want you can come out to my place and see the cars.

~James

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:03 am

we can't make it. gotta go over to my parents around 7pm saturday nite.
we could have made it out in the afternoon, but i know Towels can't, so sorry guys.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:28 am

Keri, James, - super sorry but the wedding will be eating the rest of my time here. Between the reception after wards, clean up, ect. I won't be done for a long long time.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to swing by, I was looking forward to it. Maybe next time I'm down here..... you guys will have running Alltracs. 8)

-Greg

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:49 am

WarTowels wrote:Maybe next time I'm down here..... you guys will have running Alltracs. 8)

LOL one of my cars actually run... Now that would be a sight!
No biggy I may be busy anyways. :P

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 am

Here's all the info for everyone wanting to attend the meet w/a couple of Alltracs, 6th gen Celicas, some MKII MR2's, MKIII Supra's & a few other misc cars in Austin this Saturday:

Meeting Place: HEB Grocery Store Parking Lot 12860 N Highway 183 78750

Time: 11:30 a.m.

We will meet, visit, check out cars, take pics etc @ the HEB Parking Lot
There is a gas station near there as well so everyone can get gas that needs it.
Make sure you have plenty of gas for the cruise before we start off.
Bring your own food (sandwiches etc) or pick some up @ the grocery store or gas station etc.
Bring PLENTY of drinks - water, gatorade etc. It will be well over 90+ degrees
Bring Sunblock if you burn easily & Bring extra coolant, oil etc for your car.
We will eat lunch & hang out there in the parking lot.

We will roll out for the cruise around 12:45pm --- NO Later than 1p.m.
If you are running late, call Death - but we are not going to stand around & wait for you.

Here is a link to the Map of the Cruise Route w/directions:

http://www.imageartstudio.com/justjoe/i ... uise09.pdf

Print out a copy for yourself if you want.

It is approx. 3 hours worth of driving - if that is too much for you don't come - no one wants to hear you complain about your sore left leg & the heat.
Some roads are very tight, twisty and dangerous. Know the limits of your car and do not push yourself or the car too far.
We don't want any accidents or injuries.
Try to keep a safe following distance with the car in front of you.
Don't get too far behind, but don't stay too close in case of sudden braking.
Please remember -- These are public roads with other drivers using them.
If the car in front of you is going too slow, pass when it is safe - click on your brights or something to let them know you are going to pass.
DO NOT PASS TOO MANY CARS AT ONE TIME! It's dangerous & disrespectful - end of story.
We will do our best to make sure no one gets left behind on the cruise.
We will go through an area with stop lights - so we will pull off & wait for anyone who gets left behind @ a red light.

There is a stop at the 360 bridge parking garage for pics, stretch & car cool-down time.
We may have another stop @ Mt. Bonnell which has the best scenery in the city.

The final stop is Rudy's BBQ 11570 Research Blvd 78759
We can eat an early dinner there hang out etc. then everyone can do whatever they want - go home, continue hanging out @ a local meet or whatever.

BIG BIG THANKS TO MIXMASTER for helping to come up with this fun & varied route for us to enjoy this year!

I'm going to be busy all week going to the dentist Monday, extra work Tues & Wed, rest of the week working out kinks on Vadar & getting him ready to drive down.
I'll do my best to check in here as often as I can.
If you have any questions or concerns, PM myself or Mixmaster.

Looking forward to seeing as many Alltracs as possible this weekend!!
Wishful thinking I know, but at least we won't be alone this year thanks to Mixmaster!! :D
Post a reply