Texas Gathering Ideas?

The heartland

Postby darthripley » Wed May 27, 2009 1:08 am

ok, i know where that is now - you're about an hour and a half away from us Towels.
we've been working all weekend & today - so much to do in getting ready for the meet on the 13th.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby MixMaster » Fri May 29, 2009 2:56 am

I posted up the roads I know of in more central and west austin on 6gc,

Do you know where and when you guys plan to meet down here?

I just need something to forward the mr2 guys as far as a solid starting point.

Thanks!
'93 All-Trac Red- JDM swapped
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Fri May 29, 2009 5:31 am

^ good questions ... hopefully some concrete decisions will be made soon.
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby G-Zone » Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Hey guys. I really want to go to the meet but I have too many projects to finish.
My Celica is still down for that kind of drive, but I just acquired a new HKS 2.2 Stroker kit. I bought a 2nd gen block and will start building it from there. So I'm keeping busy and really excited about it.

Maybe if my bro and I get his MR2 fixed in time we would go, but his job may not allow time off.

I hope everyone's Celica is running right and will keep on running :) .

-Chris G.
ST-165
G-Zone
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Fri May 29, 2009 7:45 pm

^ wow!
i'm jealous of the HKS kit - congrats & good luck on building up a beast of a motor :D
maybe once you get it done we could have a local mini meet :)
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Sat May 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Nope the alltrac wont make it sorry guys. I have been spending alot of time finishing up the VR4 and I dont want to rush the alltrac. Shes my favorite. :D

Towles I worked out in crowley a couple times. Its about an hour from me or so. I should have the VR4 up and running mid next week or so. We should meet up!

~EDIT, I still plan on being there but I will probably be in the VR4.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby WarTowels » Sat May 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Sounds good, I'll let you know when I'm free.

Disgustingly hot here in texas.
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Sat May 30, 2009 9:04 pm

WarTowels wrote:Sounds good, I'll let you know when I'm free.

LOL its not even hot yet. :P
Im free just about when ever. No job = lots of time.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby darthripley » Sun May 31, 2009 6:12 am

Hotrodhendrix wrote:
WarTowels wrote:Sounds good, I'll let you know when I'm free.

LOL its not even hot yet. :P

I was just about to say that too - it's still spring here haha :twisted:

We might have Vadar running by Friday, but today we had to cut the tree out front so we weren't able to get any work done on him.
I suppose we could come out in R2 & meet up w/ya'll - just got an FRP front hood & rear trunk installed a couple days ago :D
Wouldn't mind seeing how R2 holds up against your VR4 James 8)
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Sun May 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Im in for some pulls on the highway. I cant do many pulls sense the engine has 0 miles on it. :P
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby MixMaster » Sun May 31, 2009 4:25 pm

James,
Glad you're coming down. You'l have to give me a ride in the VR-4. I've always like those cars as well.

My AT started making a ticking sound above the valve cover on the passenger side. It only does it when I free rev it when standing still and sounds like a lifter. You can't hear it inside the car but with the hood up, hit the throttle cable and sure enough. Oil level looked good, scan tool shows no knock, no trouble codes...

Also the new Torsen I put in seems to be spraying/leaking around the pinion seal or prop shaft. It's weird because it's not wet at where the seal would be but there's gear oil on the crossmember and on the underbody. I wiped it off, drove around and it came back. So wtf ever..... Maybe I installed the propshaft wrong.

Sooooooo hopefully mine will make it for the whole cruise.....lol
If it blows up, I'm sending it to ATS for a 3rd gen swap.

Keri,
I'm sending u a 2nd version of the map. Apparently when I saved it to my maps it removed the routes destinations to driving points.

Lastly, this same weekend is the Big ROT harley rally in Austin, Robbie Knievel is jumping 12 trucks Friday night, the city is going to be packed and driving roads full of motorcycles.
'93 All-Trac Red- JDM swapped
'06 BMW 325i
'08 Chevy Tahoe
MixMaster
Club Member

Postby darthripley » Sun May 31, 2009 8:38 pm

James - didn't realize you had a brand new motor in the VR4 - we can take it easy - don't want to blow it just fooling around.

Paul - that almost sounds like your valves need adjusting.
Our Torsen started leaking too & is leaking now very slowly.
I just don't really give a crap about it at this point - I hope I can locate a clutch type LSD soon b/c I don't care for the Torsen anyways.
Vadar's "new" 205 tranny is leaking slowly also - a stupid seal where the driver's side axle stub goes :x

I got your newest map - we can tweak it a little here & there but its looking good.
I mentioned the bike thing to the guys on 6gc so we'll see what they say about it.
I'm just so exhausted from so much going on here right now I can't see straight :(
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Yeah even the turbos have 0 miles lol. It should be fun though.. Mine at base boost is around 360-375 bhp but weighs about as much as a 747.

I had the same issue with my transmission seals. Even when I put a new one in it still wanted to leak. I ended up using some gasket maker on it and it worked like a charm. Thats until my transmission cooler line dumped all the fluid and killed my tranny. :cry:
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 pm

"My AT started making a ticking sound above the valve cover on the passenger side. It only does it when I free rev it when standing still and sounds like a lifter. You can't hear it inside the car but with the hood up, hit the throttle cable and sure enough. Oil level looked good, scan tool shows no knock, no trouble codes... "

Yep sounds like lifter tick to me. Just about every 3kgt ever built does this as well. Its not engine threatening just annoying. Alot of this depends on oils and the length between the change. Now if its ALWAYS there and only in one spot you have a bigger issue with the lifter. If so its time for that swap or rebuild. Personally I would stick with the 2nd gen thanks to the large amount of parts available for it and easy installation. Just upgrade the differences to get same performance and save some money.

We can talk more about that in Austin. :D
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby darthripley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Hotrodhendrix wrote:Yeah even the turbos have 0 miles lol. It should be fun though.. Mine at base boost is around 360-375 bhp but weighs about as much as a 747.

I had the same issue with my transmission seals. Even when I put a new one in it still wanted to leak. I ended up using some gasket maker on it and it worked like a charm. Thats until my transmission cooler line dumped all the fluid and killed my tranny. :cry:

ooooh nice bhp numbers! :D
how much boost are you running?

i estimate R2 makes around 175hp @14psi but he weighs a whole lot less obviously lol
i am thinking weight on him is somewhere around 2000-2100lbs --- i really need to find a damn scale to take him to & get the weight.

i'm tempted to use some tranny fipg until i get the seals.
i've never had a car leak so much different fluid argh! :x

Towels & James -- we're free Friday nite ... do ya'll wanna meet up then?
i can keep you updated on Vadar's progress, but no promises he'll be able to make it out this week.
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest/Tx