Chicago Trac Owners

bloodMoney

I won't be in town until Wednesday night. I'll be there all weekend, but I have school and crap that will keep me in MI until about 3....

I'll try to get ahold of Jeremy as well.... I'm sure his garage queen is put up for the winter already, but I'm sure that he'll be down for a bite too....

~Chris

zak062

SleepingTurbo":mh5pcx3h said:
im actually down at SIU lol. but yeah im still here just didnt check this for awhile. and the way my classes are i dont have midterms. but yeah, if you guys want to come by, any time today tuesday or wednesday im free. any help is greatly appreciated.

we should do something over the weekend instead of week. Im sure Wednesday and Thursday aren't the best days. Where would we be meeting up?

SleepingTurbo

in the garage where my cars at a block away from my house. i live at peterson and cicero. over the weekend works. im leaving sunday tho.

zak062

^ditto. Friday and saturday are best for me. Idk about chris or eugene or even jeremy.

aw jesus christ, ur not off 90 94 are you?>

zak062

SleepingTurbo":1j5kyi1o said:
yeah is that bad?

not really, i'll just be coming in from naperville prolly and i hate traffic. Saturday works fine for me. We doing the whole BBQ idea? cuz i'll bring food or soda.

SleepingTurbo

ummm yeah i guess. i can get stuff, but if you guys wanted to bring like chips or soda, thatd be cool. i can supply the substantial food, like burgers and hotdogs, or whatever anyone wants.

bloodmoney - speedricer will hopefully have a top mount intercooler for you to bring down, if thatd be cool? i havent heard back from robert about my piping kit, and im just doing a last ditch effort kind of thing so that i can at least get my car up and running before the end of break.

88st165

Do you have a scoop in your hood for the air to air top mount? If not then its just like running no intercooler at all. Also if you still have the 1st gen engine (which i think you said you did) the 185 top mount will be a straight bolt up deal. Some modification is required but not sure the extent. Most likely you will have to modify the inlet or outlet of the IC b/c the 165 exhaust manifold places the turbo noticably closer to the engine than the 185 twin entry manifold.

88st165

Well if I were to do it I would put everything to stock and get it to run like that. Once in running condition, then start modifying it so you know if the modification has effected the drivability. I do however understand people are in time constraints and need to do what they have to do.

Im sure all of us will figure something out.

zak062

I still have all my 165 intercooler system, u can take it for free. I just want it gone.
Iill bring the soda. Anyone a diet drinker?

bloodMoney

If all else fails, I can bring the extra ATA that I've got if you want.

Jeremy is down for saturday as well. I may have to go for a tux fitting for a bit, but I'll let you know what's going on..... I can't get a final answer from the guy about when we're going, so I'll have to just wing it.

Is there anything else that I need to bring (parts, food, drink....)

~Chris

SleepingTurbo

wow.....um.....no that covers everything. thanks so much guys, like really.. this means more than you know. as far the IC system, i would only need pump hard lines and rubber hoses. ive still got the core. thanks so much

zak062

SleepingTurbo":zifadwta said:
wow.....um.....no that covers everything. thanks so much guys, like really.. this means more than you know. as far the IC system, i would only need pump hard lines and rubber hoses. ive still got the core. thanks so much

np, ill bring everything just in case.