Chicago Trac Owners

SleepingTurbo

im ordering my sensor and headlight module tomorrow as well as legitimately charging my battery. after christmas i should be licensed and insured, so after that im down.

bloodMoney

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!1111111111ONEONEONEONEONE

I'm sitting at home bored right now. I've got all the time in the world, but idk about snow drifting due to the severe cancer that Ellie's got.... I'll just do some reverse doughnuts in Abby how about that? 8)

Call me whenever guys I'm home and FFFRRRRREEEEEEE!

~Chris

SleepingTurbo

yo can snow drift in abby chris. just rip the e-brake! lol jk. yeah if you guys are free this coming weekend or something like that, we should go. i dont really care about the licensing. ill take a red sharpie and color my current sticker if i have to :p

88st165

Chris its not like we are going off road. I dont think you would damage anything unless you want to get crazy lol... Ebrake slides are pretty fun still..

Ian make sure you get the engine issues sorted out. Headlights are not that big a deal bc they are in the up position anyway. I leave mine up now since I dont want them to freeze in the down position. What have you been up to lately on it? Hanging the rest of the body pieces?

SleepingTurbo

well i replaced the ECT fan sensor, and my turbo gasket and my thermostat, replugged my fan in, and put some gas in it. gotta get my stepdads compressor over there and put some air in my tires before i go get a full tank of gas. but i also want to hookup my boost and AFR gauges, which ill be doing the boost tonight at least so i can see if im pulling the correct vacuum. other than that i need to get the correct clips and i need to drill holes on my right quarter so i can hang those pieces, because i welded in new metal as part of the body work.

SleepingTurbo

so.....i just drove my car for the first time! it was amazing! and everything works properly. fan turns on, cooling system works amazingly well. im so happy!

SleepingTurbo

chris - feeling better man?

everyone else - still a meet as far as im concerned on the 16th whichll be next saturday. so if anyones down...

been driving around the neighborhood, no issues so far, so im pretty confident. does anyone have some spare lug nuts? i lost one :p

bloodMoney

Yea I've still got a cough, but I'm getting better everyday...

What are you talking about this meet on the 16th? I'm going to be in next weekend, so it may workout. I've got a wedding shower that I have to go to, but I need more details on this!

~Chris

SleepingTurbo

theres a meet with JDM Chicago, at grossinger toyota. its an indoor meet, kinda like a drive in movie. therell be food drink and people to talk to. therell also be raffle tickets to buy, and a free car wash. its a free meet. its at 830.

SleepingTurbo

chris' was this past week. so i guess mine is average? idk lol

but im getting my intake welded for recirc tomorrow with any luck, as well as having mounting tangs welded to my ic. so then all i need is piping, and im done with it pretty much. and theres a really good chance of it coming down to carbondale with me after break. so im stoked.

ps. there is a small jdmc meet on thursday over at fibregract in niles. the address is 6400 w howard i believe. but ill be there with the trac.

88st165

Damn my SB is a week after next. I guess mine is late? Id rather have it later anyway so it will be warmer. I need to drop the engine in my white 165 and replace the head gasket and a bunch of other shit while Im at it.

Nice to hear you almost got it running to the point where you can drive it long distance. Cosmin said he got to drive it with open down pipe. I bet your neighbors loved that haha.

SleepingTurbo

yeah over winter break i let him drive it. ive been driving it with only the open downpipe. its getting an exhaust finally on monday, as well as having the font mount fitted. so hopefully itll be ready for the mini meet on thursday.

SleepingTurbo

ok, so my cars sitting in the garage. i need a few things. does anyone have a single entry turbo lying around? thats in good enough condition to use, while i wait to get min rebuilt? that would be awesome.

but now that i have a job, i am ordering some extra stuff for my car. first is a cusco type II front brace and TRD sway bar bushings.