Greetings. Need some motor pull advice.

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

Postby pizzaguy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:17 pm

apparently my computer and alltrac.net dont like each other, or me... it never keeps me logged in...
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
pizzaguy

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:47 pm

For some reason this site was hard to cache in my browser. Took a few days of returning and checking the box to keep me logged in. Now I never log out.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby 88Allheeze » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:03 pm

I found the easyest is to go through the bottom, i have access to a fork lift so what i have done is get everything disconnected from the engine and tranny then saved the left and right mounts for last. I used the engine hoist to lower the engine and trans down on a couple blocks of wood then used the forkift to swing the car away from the engine. I just hooked 1 chain to each motor mount spot on the left and the right side of the car. It really works out slick if you dont have a car lift. I have also heared of people setting the engine down on a dolly or a heavy duty creeper then using the engine hoist to raise up the car enough to slide the engine out. This is a little more scary since the front half of the car may exceed the limits of the engine hoist.. but its worked out so far.
88Allheeze
Club Member

Postby Maloy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:52 pm

I just got done pulling two 165 motors in the last two weeks. I dropped the motor out the bottom onto two jacks with a piece of plywood on top of them, my ghetto dolly. I then raised the front of the car with the lift set to 1/2 ton, it did it easily. Then i just carefully pushed the motor out the bottom. I didnt have anyone help at all, its not too hard.
88 white st165 (stripped down on jack stands)
86 AE86 corolla gt-s coupe
Maloy
Club Member

Postby pizzaguy » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:51 pm

got the motor out, starting a new thred in the general section, thanks for all the advice.
pizzaguy

Previous

Return to New Member Forum