Lookin at buyin a ST165 All-Trac

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

Lookin at buyin a ST165 All-Trac

Postby jaqattack02 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:05 pm

I haven't gone to look at it yet, but it's an 89, with 239k miles, maroon, 5 speed and the person claims there is some body damage on the front right hand side. It's just something like a bent up fender, I'm not worried about that, there's a number of 4th gen Celica's in a local junkyard I can pull body parts off of for cheap. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with what I should look and listen for under the hood. Anything in particular. I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to do a compression test on each cylinder, but I don't know what to look for. Any idea what 'normal' compression is?

If I get this, it will be a project and weekend fun car. I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus coupe for a daily driver. The seller is asking $1300 for it.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
jaqattack02

Postby Rick89GTS » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 am

Are you sure it's an AllTrac? The 89's came in red but not maroon (unless he means the interior?). Normal compression is 128 - 178 psi, with no more than 14 psi difference between cylinders.
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Return to New Member Forum