battery relocation...?

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

battery relocation...?

Postby theUNYTEDone » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:26 am

my 90 ST185 has a battery about half the size of a regular battery. i do believe it's been relocated to JUST behind the mass air flow sensor, in the even that an HKS intake was installed. would this smaller battery prove to be weaker than a regular sized on? i'll soon have pics of this for you guys to check out. it's really weird. but my intake is nice and straight (short as well...) like...idk, it's just weird. and it feels like my car is wear during engine turn over....due to weak puny little battery?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby 3DZ » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:37 am

your battery should be fine, the only difference is it has low cranking AMPs. so it might be harder to start
3DZ
Club Member

Postby theUNYTEDone » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:13 am

would it be recommended that i get a battery with more ampage then? cause it bothers me so much. cold start injector also dumps more fuel than ought during warmup...
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby jprine01 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 pm

The battery wont cause your cold start injector to do funky things like that. The only reason I could see to get a battery with more amps is if your car has a hard time cranking the engine initially.
jprine01
Established Member

Postby db » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:04 pm

You'd also want to get a larger, deep cycle battery if you ever want to get a good stereo system going.
Dave
Black 1990 Celica Alltrac
2011 Ford Fusion SE (Daily driver)
2008 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Las Vegas, NV
http://www.facebook.com/ethinos
db
Established Member

Return to New Member Forum