New to all trac

I want to build my all trac to beat or keep up with sti and evo's..... What do I need to do??

Honestly I am not sure yet. I am getting it in about a month maybe a little longer. I just want to beat all the other girls in there little gay Civics, Evo's, sti's. The only things wrong with it now are the interior... not a problem.. and it needs a new fuel pump also not a problem cause I want to build it and work on it. And, I am getting it for only 2,000. But ill find out wich engine it has =) thanks!

bigacuralvr

What year is it? 88-89 = ST165 90-93 = ST185. Stock will walk on civics and WRX's. Mine keeps up with STI's, but I am at 14psi and 208k miles.

It is te 185 then! =) cool! Damn thats hella cool that I will take them stock. I love this car more and more everyday! =)

3s_woob

I'm sorry but I hate to say it but a stock alltrac will not beat a stock wrx. Also to keep up with STIs and EVOs you going to have to first make sure your car is in good condition first before modding (unless you're going for a total tear down). But if your alltrac is in good shape to mod then you'll need quite a bit to even keep up with a stock one. You'll need at least full exhaust, intake, upgraded turbo or different turbo, boost controller, fuel pump, injectors, cams, and e managment. But even if you do all that you'll also need the proper brakes and suspension to match the HP. So it's not easy to keep up with new cars... But don't get me wrong.... I'll never trader my car for any other....I will someday beat those cars too. :p

theUNYTEDone

first of all, i agree with the previous poster on most mods. however, the stock fuel and electronic management is more than enough for our car. they can handle much more than you can throw at it, unless youre able to push your car into the >400 HP range. this is at the wheels, mind you. read that primer, i gained much insight...it breaks it down step by step according to what HP bracket your're aiming for. dont worry about an upgraded or aftermarket turbo yet. stock boost is 7 lbs (roughly), invest in an accurate boost gauge and a boost controller. you'll be able to push a few pounds into the double digits. down the road, you'll need to upgrade handling as well...so start saving!

theUNYTEDone

bigacuralvr":204b6ttr said:
What year is it? 88-89 = ST165 90-93 = ST185. Stock will walk on civics and WRX's. Mine keeps up with STI's, but I am at 14psi and 208k miles.

and yeah, i really dont know about keeping up with rex's...stock times for 185's are anywhere from low to mid 15's...

Yeah I have already started saving! I don't really care how much it is going to cost cause I am going to do it! I knew going into this it was going to cost some $$. My boyfriend has an 83 Celica Supra and he has built his from the ground up! So I have seen first hand the money that goes into it. She is what all my money will be going twoards! =) and to me well worth it! =)

AWDrifter

well i was told that the JDM st185 motor has 225hp and a wrx has 200. im not sure,and they are 400lbs less than a wrx. oh well what ever tracs kick ass and thats all that matters!!! :shoots:

killer_siller

AWDrifter":1rbsp6t4 said:
well i was told that the JDM st185 motor has 225hp and a wrx has 200. im not sure,and they are 400lbs less than a wrx. oh well what ever tracs kick ass and thats all that matters!!! :shoots:

who said we were talking about JDM?

MetalliKAT97

You can't really compare our cars to a rex or even an Evo. There are big technological differences between each one and we got the short end of the stick. For one...look how old our cars are and how worn down most are. Compared to a shiny new Scooby or even a damn Evo. They have advances we dont and they have features we would dream of.....for instance the cooling methods of the STi and the diff advances of the Evo. We can only dream of and spend tons of $$$ to do. Granted we are all AWD and all these cars Rally...so we are kind of in the same category as far as general ideas of cars. But performance wise we have been left in the dust and are left with spending tons of cash to even keep up. But then again the good thing about it all is.

1.Take the amount of $ you spend on the car
2. The $ for maintenance
3. $ for mods.

and we still have spent less money than those WRX /Evo owners.....and are now better,stonger,faster....

the downside to the good side would be...all these guys would have to do is spend a lil more cash to blow us out of the water again.

But thats why the battle continues :wink:

Its still kinda unfair to judge all 3 cars on the same level. Big time gap to fill which we cant take the slack for..... :oops:

with all the bad talk I would still take the AT over either one of those cars...been in an Evo and in a Rex and its come down to:

-I dont like 4 doors at all
-The Evo is too square and the Rex is just plaing ugly sometimes
-My pockets would hate me for the purchase or either of those 2
-I've alway enjoyed a strong reliable toyota compared to the DSM's cousin and a car thats known rfom a company that used to be known for crappy trannys.
-Everyone and their mother owns an Evo or a Rex how many can say they own an Alltrac or for the special guys in the states and the guys on the other side of the country...a GT4
-Yes you get the stares with other cars but you don't get the drools,comments,photo ops,Random Purchase offers from enthusiast as you would with the AT.
-You wouldnt be able to say you own a rare car that only a few hundred were made as compared to a common car where a few thousand are made and a few thousand more are rolling out of the assembly line.

I can name so many more reasons (id be here all night namin reasons)why I would rather have my AT....but heres one more that should take the cake.

Just the fact that Evo and WRX owners compliment YOUR car before they say anything about theirs. :wink: