reverse lights wont work!!!

A

Anonymous

hey guys. well, plainly stated, my reverse lights won't work. i'm aware that there's a "switch" that is triggered when the car is put into reverse, but can't find it. i was informed it was somewhere near the shift assembly? please help me out!

celicagtforever

your problem may lie under the hood, my brothers 1989 gt-s had the same problem i simply cleaned the reverse swicth terminals on the trans using brake cleaner and then adding some electronic grease to protect the terminals from corrosion " it should be a white terminal"

jprine01

Anonymous":54q0pkzx said:
hey guys. well, plainly stated, my reverse lights won't work. i'm aware that there's a "switch" that is triggered when the car is put into reverse, but can't find it. i was informed it was somewhere near the shift assembly? please help me out!

The switch is on the transmission, you don't say what car you have which makes it 100% imposible for anyone to give you a precise answer. :shrug: On a st185 (90-93 alltrac) anyway it the ONLY thing sticking up out of the transmission with a wire on it. I think about halfway between the starter and the engine mount on the top of the transmission.