hello, might get an all-trac ... need a tidbit of info

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

hello, might get an all-trac ... need a tidbit of info

Postby Rayme » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:31 pm

Hi guys, first my name si Remy and I owned a 1990 celica GT for the past 4 years, and this summer it's time for a change. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell my baby yet so we'll see...

I've been thinking all these time an all-trac would be a great car to own, and I still think so, but perhaps a lil slow as of today's standard...I read a bit about the basic mods available but I want wondering about the cost??

How much money would it take to make a piggy all-trac reach 60 mph in under 7 seconds? I know first things would be an intake, exhaust, ct20b perhaps and a mbc... is it do-able while not changing internals and keeping a reliable ride?

thanks for the info...I was also considering a turbo MR2 and a NA supra...I love all to toyota too much :?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Rayme

Postby AlltracAvenger » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:20 am

Honestly... a GT-Four isn't that much over a 7-second 0-60. They hover about 7.3 or so, if I'm not mistaken. As long as you're careful about it, a slight boost hike(Don't go overboard!), gutting the cat, and a few other basic things should see you running high-6s or so.

Edit: The SW20 MR2 turbo has the same engine as our cars... and since it's lighter is prolly well into the six-second 0-60 mark. As far as an N/A Supra... I think a MK3 N/A is a decent bit slower than a GT-Four stock, wheras the MK3 turbo(also an awesome car) is a shade quicker.
'88 ST165 #2914- Sold 12/21/06 :(
'88 ST165 #3784- Bought 05/08/15 :D
'05 Corolla XRS- Daily Driver
AlltracAvenger
Club Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:33 am

Sub 7 0-60's are easily attainable. I'm working on touching the sub 6 mark, and I have a catback, turbo, IC, MBC, DP. Real basic stuff, and my car is super reliable. It's having to shift twice that screws it all up.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby theUNYTEDone » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:29 am

usually stock internals are able to be kept well beyong this level, no?
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby SuperWhite92 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:31 am

theUNYTEDone wrote:usually stock internals are able to be kept well beyong this level, no?

Probably. It all depends on condition.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Return to New Member Forum