Hey guys...clueless female here!

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

Female celica group ?

Postby GMan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:44 am

> oldnotdead06
> Newbie
> Joined: 14 Feb 2006

What a day to join, Valentine's Day ;-)

> Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 am
> Post subject: Hey guys...clueless female here!

We were all clueless at one time.

I'd say buy the manuals, if you can.
http://www.alltrac.net/reference/
The onlines are good, but you may be away from
a computer when something breaks ? :-)

Is there a groups of lady AT or Celica owners ?
There is a growing number of you here, even if You
do not post as often.

not much in the way of woman racers, that I can find...

http://www.girliegirlracing.com/shop/default.asp

http://www.quickchickracing.com/

http://www.fcarmr.com/Track%20Fun%202005.htm
" Typically Quick Chick Racing has only two Colorado events,
but these are two-day or even three-day events. Unlike CECA,
QCR holds its events at Pikes Peak International Raceway, combining
part of the banked oval with the interior road course. "

http://www.quickchick.com/

Regards;
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
GMan
Gold Member

Postby oldnotdead06 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:34 am

Yes, what a great day to join.....Valentines Day haha...I didnt pay attention to that. Anyways, I work graveyard shift so I have plenty of time to print out the manual. Thanks for the link to the scanned copy. I'm just printing my little heart out right now haha. Funny thing is I'm getting paid while I do it!
I think I'm gunna have to go Rambo stlye and get my damn car back. It's supposed to snow here the next couple of days, perfect time to let it loose in the snow. It drives, just drains the battery fast. Are there other females in this particular group. You guys are really nice tho. I think if I hadnt found this site, I probably would feel really crappy about my purchase and just sold it off. I'm sure ya'll will be hearing alot from me! Hav a great day :smokes:
oldnotdead06
Club Member

Re: Female celica group ?

Postby ___Scott___ » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:46 am

GMan wrote:QCR holds its events at Pikes Peak International Raceway, combining part of the banked oval with the interior road course. "

Not anymore.

PPIR was bought out and shut down to eliminate the competition for a proposed new track closer to Denver.

Regarding the alternator, I bought a cheap lifetime guaranteed replacement from Checker Auto Parts and I replace it about every year and a half when it dies. It's such a simple job that I don't mind replacing it often, and Checker has always been happy to hand over a new one.
Scott
Colorado Springs, CO - USA
SONY
Opera - The better browser
___Scott___
Established Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:05 am

oldnotdead06 wrote:Yes, what a great day to join.....Valentines Day haha...I didnt pay attention to that. Anyways, I work graveyard shift so I have plenty of time to print out the manual. Thanks for the link to the scanned copy. I'm just printing my little heart out right now haha. Funny thing is I'm getting paid while I do it!
I think I'm gunna have to go Rambo stlye and get my damn car back. It's supposed to snow here the next couple of days, perfect time to let it loose in the snow. It drives, just drains the battery fast. Are there other females in this particular group. You guys are really nice tho. I think if I hadnt found this site, I probably would feel really crappy about my purchase and just sold it off. I'm sure ya'll will be hearing alot from me! Hav a great day :smokes:

Let one of us fellow coloradoans know. I'm sure one of us would make the trip over to where you live to help for a few hours.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby theUNYTEDone » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:51 am

hey, welcome!!! i've got a 90 ST185 as well...WiTH some issues...hehe.
Nigel in Hawaii
From Hell and Back
theUNYTEDone
GTFour God

Postby oldnotdead06 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:28 am

That would be great to be able to call someone that lived around me .....thanks!! Buying an alternator w/ a lifetime guaratee is a great idea. I just really wanted to get the car goin so I could drive the dang thing!! And yes it is still kidnapped!! It was supposed to be done friday but then they said there was still an issue with the wire and needed to find a diagram??

Once again I say..... :shoots: Damn mechanics
1993 Celica GT
1990 AllTrac-Traded :(
2003 PT Cruiser-Ridin on chrome
1996 Mom Taxi- Blah
oldnotdead06
Club Member

Postby AlltracAvenger » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Hmm... at least we're getting a larger local group? And, I vote we just mob your mechanic... give them enough GT-Four knowhow, it'll be pouring out their ears. :evil:
'88 ST165 #2914- Sold 12/21/06 :(
'88 ST165 #3784- Bought 05/08/15 :D
'05 Corolla XRS- Daily Driver
AlltracAvenger
Club Member

Postby SuperWhite92 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:18 pm

oldnotdead06 wrote:That would be great to be able to call someone that lived around me .....thanks!! Buying an alternator w/ a lifetime guaratee is a great idea. I just really wanted to get the car goin so I could drive the dang thing!! And yes it is still kidnapped!! It was supposed to be done friday but then they said there was still an issue with the wire and needed to find a diagram??

Once again I say..... :shoots: Damn mechanics

What part of CO do you live in BTW? I know of a feww good places to get a warrantied alternator for a good price.
Shaun
My 1992 Alltrac is for sale again.
SuperWhite92
GTFour God

Postby oldnotdead06 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:57 am

I'm in Aurora. But get this all.....So I went to pick up my car, had to pay the ransom. I wont say how much cuz I'll probably be shot. Anyways, I had to drag 2 of my kids on a 2 and a half hour bus ride (Presidents Day, no school) to get the car. So I'm driving along...I dont take the highway just in case something happens. Well lo and behold the car starts overheating!!!. I pull over to a gas station and open the hood and the engine coolant is straight boiling!!!! :cry: I remembered the address from a Toyota mechanic and I happened to be 4 blocks away. So I let it cool and took it there. They checked it out and said I needed a new cooling fan. They did some bypass so that I could still drive it just the heater wouldnt work as good. So unfair :(
1993 Celica GT
1996 Mom Taxi- Blah
oldnotdead06
Club Member

Postby oldnotdead06 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:56 am

Oh yeah......and the speedometer doesnt work. Its just getting better and better. But that I'm gunna try n work on myself tomorrow. I know how to use the search button haha...hopefully the tips that were posted here before will get me thru it. Wish me luck!!!!!
1993 Celica GT
1996 Mom Taxi- Blah
oldnotdead06
Club Member

Postby Denver_whiteST185 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:58 pm

oldnotdead06 wrote:Oh yeah......and the speedometer doesnt work. Its just getting better and better. But that I'm gunna try n work on myself tomorrow. I know how to use the search button haha...hopefully the tips that were posted here before will get me thru it. Wish me luck!!!!!

If the speedometer doesn't work, theres probably a loose wire behind the dash that should be connected. pretty easy if you know how to remove the dash without damaging anything. I know i had the sme problem with my old GT with the tach, but i never took the time to fix it.
^Ted^

went back to the dark side of hondas!!!
(not really, i just own a completely UNmodified 91 civic dx that gets 45+ mpg now)
Denver_whiteST185
GTFour God

Postby MR2TuRbZ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:51 am

i just replaced my alternator thinking it was broken when it wasnt... is your ABS light on? if so, its just a fuse down by your feet...

take it to an autozone or pep boys or something like that, they should be able to run free battery/alternator tests

i have an extra working alternator sitting right here if you cant find one dirt cheap
'91 MR2 Turbo
'90 Alltrac
MR2TuRbZ
Club Member

Postby oldnotdead06 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:20 am

MR2TuRbZ wrote:i just replaced my alternator thinking it was broken when it wasnt... is your ABS light on? if so, its just a fuse down by your feet...

take it to an autozone or pep boys or something like that, they should be able to run free battery/alternator tests

i have an extra working alternator sitting right here if you cant find one dirt cheap

There were issues with the alternator which was expressed to me when I bought the car which is now fixed tho it cost me an arm!! But yes my ABS light is on....does that just need a fuse change? Thanks!
1993 Celica GT
1996 Mom Taxi- Blah
oldnotdead06
Club Member

Postby sakara » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:30 am

welcome!!! good to see another girl into theses evil cars, lol. that now makes... 5? lol... me, kat, kess, u and another girl... lol... have fun with her ;) and post some pics :)
-Ash
'04 Celica GT-S 6spd
www.CasperConstrictors.com
sakara
Established Member

Postby oldnotdead06 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:35 pm

Yay....thanks!! The more I drive it the more I likey haha. Except for the small but expensive issues..grrrrr I'll take some before pics since I have every intention of fixing it up. Hey, if I call my car a "her" does that make me a lesbo??? HAHAHAHA kidding!!!! :twisted:
1993 Celica GT
1996 Mom Taxi- Blah
oldnotdead06
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to New Member Forum