turbo "trim"

d1alltrac

db":26my8ofl said:
The most common trims for upgraded CT26s are 46 and 50. Everyone at MR2OC seems to think anything bigger is a waste.

true for the 3s community but in the supra community its a whole different story. the 7m guys seem to like 57 trim and higher, i havent heard of any bigger than a 60-1 though. actually my brother had a 57 trim upgrade on his mkIII and he said it was considerd "stage 1"

theUNYTEDone

Toxygene":cpamq2a0 said:
theUNYTEDone":cpamq2a0 said:
hey toxy, with that hot end bolt configuration, won't one need to get a downpipe with a matching flange? 7 bolt...hmmm....externally wastegated. awesome.

What? :shrug: and What? :shrug: are you talking about??? The turbo I referenced is a bolt on affair with an internal wastegate. It takes the stock turbo housing and modifies it but it is supposedly a bolt on affair.

:doh: sorry, i meant...the downpipe side has seven bolts!!!

theUNYTEDone

db":2y0azaa3 said:
Honestly? I don't know, because I don't know everything you plan on doing, but a TD06 or a T3/T4 46/50 trim would probably suit your needs well if response and power are equally important to you.

If throttle response was more important than ultimate power, a CT27 might be a good choice with all the major bolt ons.

sorry for possibly being dumb, but a CT27 is simply an upgraded 26, yes?

db

Its an upgraded CT26, but in enough ways to differ it from any other upgrade. Its pretty close to a CT20b in performance.

db

d1alltrac":3qfv8cqj said:
db":3qfv8cqj said:
The most common trims for upgraded CT26s are 46 and 50. Everyone at MR2OC seems to think anything bigger is a waste.

true for the 3s community but in the supra community its a whole different story. the 7m guys seem to like 57 trim and higher, i havent heard of any bigger than a 60-1 though. actually my brother had a 57 trim upgrade on his mkIII and he said it was considerd "stage 1"

I'll start recommending 57 trims and up when 3sgte's sprout 2 more cylinders. :D

Toxygene

d1alltrac":3qy0q50e said:
db":3qy0q50e said:

Hey D1 we'ere over here... :p in the 3SGTE side of the field.. your way out in left field somewhere... LOL :lol:

d1alltrac

Toxygene":13nfy17d said:
d1alltrac":13nfy17d said:
db":13nfy17d said:

Hey D1 we'ere over here... :p in the 3SGTE side of the field.. your way out in left field somewhere... LOL :lol:

lol...i was just saying they are out there, actually ive seen a few mr2's with 57 and 60 trims

darthripley

Gary, thanks for the great articles. i am taking them in slowly...like a fine wine 8)

and btw, i'll ask a total n00b question. is there any difference between a JDM ceramic CT26 and a USDM CT26 other than the ceramic?

Gary

You're welcome.
I'm sure they will come in handy some days.
Other than ceramic turbine, both JDM CT26 and USM CT26 are the same.
The ceramic turbine is supposed to spool faster but will not stand higher boost as steel turbine.